Uttaranchal University has at its core a commitment towards the diffusion of legal, scientific, technical and professional knowledge on one hand and on the other the building up of the character of youth by integrating ethics with education and practice with theory.
Law College Dehradun has splendidly contributed to legal education in the country since its inception and inauguration by His Excellency Shri Surjeet Singh Barnala, the then Governor of Uttarakhand in 2002.
Youth Parliament Society: Transcendence and continuity, hierarchy and collectivism, the characteristic elements of our
thousand-year-old ‘tradition’, are the fundamentals of our socio-political psyche. Youth Parliament Society of the college is an innovative platform to hone the public speaking and argumentative skills of the students by discussing matters that concern the youth of our nation.
About the Event
Niti शास्त्र: National Policy Making Competition
The Youth Parliament Society, Law College Dehradun Faculty of Uttaranchal University is conducting an online National Policy Making Competition for participants pursuing their degrees at the Undergraduate and Postgraduate level.
The event shall be focused to bring together the youths from all the educational institutions of India on a platform where they will make and recommend policies through their thoughts of change. Here there is a freedom to make any policy they deem fit for solving the problems and concerns of Country.
All students who are pursuing Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses from any recognized universities are eligible to participate.
This competition seeks write-ups from the participants by introducing a new law or policy, or of the amendment to any existing law or policy.
Participants for Policymaking can choose to amend any existing law or introduce any new law or policy in the ambit of these areas only: Labour Law, Constitution, Criminal Law, Cyber Law, Humanitarian Law and Family law.
- 1st Prize: Rs. 2,100/-
- 2nd Prize: Rs.1,100/-
- 3rd Prize: Rs. 500/-
- Top 5 participants will be awarded the Certificate of Merit.
- Top 10 participants will be awarded the Certificate of Excellence.
- All Participants will be awarded the Certificate of Participation.
- Note: As this event is a virtual event, therefore, we will be providing E-certificates.
- All submissions must be emailed to [email protected] with the subject as Policy Submission – National Policy Making Competition.
- The submission must be an original work of the author(s) and has not been published previously anywhere.
- The participants must also send a cover letter with details like the name of the author, institution, year of study, and the title of the submission.
- The submission should not have the name of the author mentioned, failure of this will lead to disqualification.
- One submission should have a maximum of two authors.
- The submission should be a minimum of 800 words. The word count is exclusive of footnotes.
- Citations should be included as footnotes in the submission.
- Any standard form of citation is permitted. (Bluebook 19th ed/OSCOLA/ILI)
- The body of the submission must be in Times New Roman, font size – 12, and with single line spacing.
- The main text of the submission should be justified.
- The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size – 10, single line spacing.
- The submission must be sent in the document format of MS Word.
- The competition shall follow a strict 20% plagiarism policy that means only up to 20% of plagiarism is allowed.
- All the submissions will be vetted with relevant plagiarism software. Any submission not meeting the criteria will be disqualified.
- The submission not adhering to the requirements above, may be rejected, after due consideration by the Organisers. The final decision by the organisers will be binding.
- The fee for registration is Rs. 150 (single as well as co-authorship)
- The registration will start on 4th June 2020 and will end on 15th June 2020.
- The last date of submission is 10th July 2020.
- The result will be declared on 25th July 2020.
E-mail address: [email protected]
Professor (Dr.) Rajesh Bahuguna, Patron, Youth Parliament Society, Law College Dehradun.
Dr. Razit Sharma Chairperson, Youth Parliament Society, Law College Dehradun
Bibhanshu Mishra (Student Coordinator): 9565269917
Aditi Choudhary(Student Coordinator): +91-8789746832
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host.