Details about the event
1st D.P. Gupta Virtual Trial Advocacy Competition jointly organized by J. P. Sharma & Associates & Lex Legisia Law Firm in association with Institute of Professional Studies, Roorkee Uttarakhand. The founder’s of the event recognized the need of a virtual platform at this time of Pandemic, where law students can be a part of a platform where they can draft, plead and showcase their advocacy skill.
The aim of the event is to enable law students from all across India to participate and showcase their majesty over law and legal principles over a virtual platform.
- Students pursuing 3-Year LL.B. Degree Course or 5-Year Integrated LL.B. Degree Course and LL.M. Degree Course from the colleges recognised by Bar Council of India are eligible to participate in the competition.
- The maximum number of participants per team shall be restricted to 4 wherein 2 member will be Speakers and other 2 members shall be represented as witnesses.
- Only the Participant who is a Speaker in all the three Preliminary, Semi Final and Final Rounds shall be eligible for the award of the Best Speaker.
- The identity of the team [name of the Law College/School/University] must not be disclosed to the Judges as well as to the other Participating Teams. Any such disclosure shall lead to disqualification.
- The substitution of any member is not allowed except with the prior approval of the DPVATC Administrators.
- Each team will be provided with a unique team code by draw of lots during the orientation. The identity of the teams shall not be disclosed at any stage, such disclosure shall invite penalties including disqualification. The decision for the same shall be at the discretion of the DPVATC Administrators.
1st D.P. Gupta Virtual Trial Advocacy Competition, 2020 is scheduled to be held online via “Google Meet” platform from October 30, 2020-November 1, 2020.
Registration fee (per team) for the said competition is Rs. 750/- (Seven Hundred and Fifty Only).
Registration fee is to be submitted through NET Banking/GooglePay/Paytm:
- Name: Sahil Singla
- Account Number: 105751100001331
- Bank: Yes Bank
- Branch: Sector 20, Chandigarh
- IFSC: YESB0001057
Google pay/Phone pe/Paytm at 9876828208
Forms received after the deadline shall not be considered.
The registration fees is non-refundable.
The registration of a team will be considered as complete, once the registration fees is paid and the registration form i.e. through google form, with all necessary details is received. The details required to be filled in the google form for registration is:
Name of the participants:
- College Name
- Course/Batch of students
- Specifications as to Speaker 1 and Speaker 2 and Witnesses.
- Screenshot of the payment made for registration.
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
No change in the names of the participants shall be permitted after the receipt of the Registration Form, except at the sole discretion of the Administrators.
The registration for the said competition begins from 17th September 2020 from 10:00 A.M. onwards
The last date to register for the said competition is 10th October 2020.
A participant appearing as Advocates before Trial Court shall wear a black coat, white shirt, black pant, white/black Salwar Suit and, which shall be sober and dignified.
Provided that the participants are prohibited from disclosing the College Logo OR ID card in the dress.
- Mr. Sahil Singla: 9876828208 (Convenor)
- Mr. Anubhav Bajpai: 7752955714 (Co-Convenor)
- Shivangi Rohilla: 8394840605
- Email ID: [email protected]
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host.