About the University
Located on the ‘Tapo Bhoomi’ of Maharishi Markandeshwar beside the river bed of the sacred Markanda with magnificent building and world-class infrastructural facilities, the Maharishi Markandeshwar (Deemed to be) University (MMDU) is the first self-financing University established under the aegis of Maharishi Markandeshwar University Trust to integrate education and research. All the institutions of the University in the area of Medical Sciences, Dental Sciences, Physiotherapy, Nursing, Management, Engineering & Technology, Hotel Management, Computer Technology, Pharmacy and Law offering graduate, postgraduate and research degree programs are already known for excellence in imparting value-based, highly career-oriented professional education.
The Department of Law established in 2008 with the approval of the Bar Council of India (BCI) is currently engaged in quality teaching of B.A.LL.B./B.B.A.LL.B.(H)/ B.Com.LL.B.(H) Five yrs. Integrated Courses and LL.M. (One Year) through adequately qualified and dedicated faculty.
About the Moot
Department of Law, Maharishi Markandeshwar (Deemed to be) University, Mullana-Ambala is organizing the 4th MMU National Virtual Moot Court Competition-2021 on 1st, 2nd & 3rd April 2021.
Due to the on-going pandemic, Moot Court Competition shall be organized on an online live videoconferencing platform that shall be informed to the participating teams well in time.
The official language for the Moot Court Competition shall be English only.
Participants are required to adhere to the following dress code while present in any courtroom during the Competition.
- Ladies: White Salwar and Kurta or White shirt and black pants / black skirt along with a black coat and black shoes.
- Gentlemen: White shirt, black trousers, black tie along with a black coat and black shoes.
- The Competition shall be open for the students who duly enrolled and are pursuing an integrated 5years or 3 years Law Program in India from an institution recognized by the Bar Council of India.
- Students enrolled and pursuing a post-graduate diploma or short-term certificate courses in law are not eligible to apply.
- Students from any university/ Institute are recognized by the Bar Council of India to impart a law degree are not eligible to apply.
- Each team shall consist of a minimum of two (2) members and a maximum of three(3) members. Teams comprising of two members shall only have two (2) speakers and teams comprising of three members shall have two (2) speakers one (1) researcher.
- All the three members/ both the members, as the case may be, of the team, should belong to the same institution. No cross teams i.e. members of different universities, shall be allowed.
- Each team should identify such speakers and researchers at the time of registration. The researcher is not permitted to speak except under special cases and only with the express permission of the Organizers/ judges.
- There shall be no circumstance whatsoever that a team consisting of more than 3 members be allowed to participate. No observer/ additional member can be part of a team in any capacity.
- There shall be no substitution of any team member after a team has submitted its Registration Form, except with the permission of the Organizers.
- All interested teams shall, first, register themselves by diligently filling the Registration Form latest by 1st March 2021, 11:59 P.M. by clicking the link given at the end of this post.
- The teams are also required to send the scanned copy of the filled Registration Form duly signed by the Authorized signatory of the institute, as per the format attached.
- Forms received after the deadline shall not be considered for registration.
- The receipt of the form shall be acknowledged by the institute within 48 hours of submission via mail.
- On receipt of acknowledgment by a team, the team shall have to make the payment of registration fees amounting to INR 500/- (non-refundable) within 48 hours of the receipt of the acknowledgment and the payment confirmation of same has to be sent on the Official Email Id (by attaching a screenshot of the payment confirmation in the mail).
- Non-Payment of registration fees within the stipulated time may lead to cancellation of registration.
- Registration of a team shall be confirmed only after the receipt of payment by the Organizers.
- After the successful payment, the confirmation of registration shall be conveyed to the teams via mail which shall also mention the team code allotted to the teams. During the competition, teams shall be identified by the team code allotted to them.
- Teams shall not disclose their identity whatsoever, i.e. names of team members, name of their institution, city, etc. or any other information which has the effect of disclosing their identity and affiliation with a particular institution, except in the registration form, during the Competition. Any such disclosure shall invite strict penalty including disqualification. The decision for the same shall be at the discretion of the Organizers.
Mode of Payment
Mode of payment of the registration fees shall be via Bank Transfer to be made on following details:
- Bank Punjab National Bank, Mullana-Ambala
- Account Name MM (Deemed to be University) Mullana-Ambala
- Account No. 51821131000790
- IFSC PUNB0518210
- Notification of competition & release of the moot proposition: 6th February 2021
- Last date for Registration: 1st March 2021, 11:59 PM
- Last date for seeking clarification: 5th March 2021
- Last date of submission of soft copy of memorials: 15th March 2021, 11:59 PM
- Last date of submission of hard copy of memorials: 21st March 2021
- Preliminary rounds: 1st April 2021
- Quarter Finals & Semi-Final Rounds: 2nd April 2021
- Final Round: 3rd April 2021
Prof. (Dr.) Bindu Jindal
Dean & Head Dept. of Law
Phone No. 01731-304266
- Prof. (Dr.) Saroj Chhabra: +91-8186667740
- Ms. Poonam Lamba: +91-9817632224
- Ms. Rimpi Bharadwaj: +91-9992596722
- Ms. Sujata Dahiya: +91- 8168199243
- Ms. Divya Chugh: +91- 9588334338
- Samridhi Moudgil: +91-7015686664
- Sanjeev Kumar: +91-7988148549