About Graphic Era Hill University, Dehradun
Graphic Era Hill University, Dehradun is a multi-domain university offering various professional programs to over 10000 on-campus students from all states of India and various countries of the world.
About the School of Law
School of Law, Graphic Era Hill University, Dehradun is running two full time five years fully residential i.e. B.B.A-LL.B. & B.A.-LL.B. approved by Bar Council of India, has industry oriented curriculum and trains students through rigorous research, moot courts, classroom discussion of case laws and variety of internships with Supreme Court Judges, top
law firms and senior advocates.
About the Competition
School of Law, Graphic Era Hill University, Dehradun is organizing its 1st National Research Paper Writing Competition, 2020 in on the theme “Contemporary Legal Issues and Advancements”.
Theme: “Contemporary Legal Issues and Advancements”.
The competition is open for students pursuing LL.B. (3 years and 5 years)/LL.M. course from any recognized university across the country.
- The research paper must be written in English.
- Only one entry is allowed per author.
- Co-authorship up to two authors is permitted.
- Only original research papers will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- The research paper must not be more than 4500 words (including footnotes).
- Any form of plagiarism above 15% as tested by the host institution shall result in disqualification of the research paper entry.
- The first page of the research paper must contain the details of the author/s, title of the paper and the name of the college/institution.
- All the soft copy submissions in MS Word.
- The participants are required to submit research papers in soft copy form.
- The author(s) must follow the uniform method of citation either Journal of Indian Law Institute (JILI) or Bluebook 19th edition.
- Formatting Rules: The body of the paper shall be in Times New Roman, font size 12, 1.5 line spacing. Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, size 10 single line spacing.
- Best Research Paper: Cash Prize of Rs. 700/- and E- Certificate of Merit along with the publication of paper in GEHU’s Law Review: A Bi Annual Journal of Law.
- Second Best Research Paper: E- Certificate of Merit along with publication of paper in GEHU’s Law Review: A Bi Annual Journal of Law.
- E- Certificate of Participation will be given to all.
Entries will be blindly reviewed by a distinguished panel of experts.
The decision of the jury will be final and binding.
- Call for papers: 10th September 2020
- Submission of Research Paper: 10th October 2020
- Declaration of Results: 24th October 2020 (UN Day)
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host.