About Criminal Law Review
Criminal Law Review (CrLR) is a research organization that works with an aim to assist the legal fraternity, raise awareness, and influence policy decisions of governments in criminal law and allied fields. CrLR takes up several research projects & activities, runs a blog, and conducts various events with an aim to promote legal writing and research.
The Competition & its Theme
The Competition aims to promote and incentivize legal writing. For the third edition, manuscripts must be related to Criminal Law and /or Criminal Justice [in India].
- Law students pursuing UG or PG Courses from any law college/institute (in India or abroad) are eligible.
- Students from 2021 Graduating Batches are also eligible.
Registration Fee & Process
- Single Author: Rs 250/-
- Co-Authors [Maximum 2]: Rs. 400/-
Mode of Payment
- Paytm/Google Pay: 8172890212
- Paytm UPI ID: [email protected]
If there is any difficulty in paying the reg fee through these modes, please contact us at [email protected] Send the Registration Details to the organisation.
Upon payment, participants are required to send their details [Name, Year of Study, College, Contact Details] & payment receipt to [email protected] with the subject ‘3rd NWC | Registration | Name of the Author(s)’.
- Co-authorship is permitted (maximum of 2 authors).
- The manuscript submitted must be an original work of the author(s).
- The manuscript must not have been submitted or published elsewhere.
- Word Limit 3500-5000 (excluding footnotes).
- The manuscript must not disclose the identity of the authors (e.g., their names, name of institution, etc.)
- Along with the manuscript, authors must attach a cover letter containing their details
- All the required documents (manuscript and cover letter) must be in doc or doc.x format.
- All the required documents must be mailed to [email protected] with the subject ‘Manuscript Submission | 3rd NWC 2021 | Name of the Author(s)’
- Font Type – Times New Roman
- Line Spacing & Alignment – 1.5, Justified
- Font Size – Heading 15 [Bold], Sub-heading 13 [Bold], Other text (in main body) 12.
- Footnotes: Font Size 10, Line Spacing 1.0.
- All the footnotes must be cited as per OSCOLA, 4th edition.
Prizes Money, Certificate & Other Perks
- Winner: Rs. 4,000
- Runners-up: Rs. 2,500
- Second Runners-up: Rs. 1,500
- Merit Certificate to Top 10
- Top 5 Papers may be published on the Blog run by Criminal Law Review.
- All participants shall receive a Participation Certificate
- Co-Authors shall receive separate certificates
- Registration Deadline: 31 July 2021
- Submission Deadline: 31 August 2021
- Results by: 30 September 2021 [if Submission deadline gets extended, this deadline shall also be extended]
For any queries, please mail us at [email protected] or WhatsApp +91-7434045410.