About the College
Nari Gursahani Law College, named after the legendary Supreme Court advocate and humanist, is popularly known as NGLC. Established in 2004, the College has been imparting quality legal education to the students in Ulhasnagar and its vicinity. The College is affiliated to University of Mumbai; approved by the Bar Council of India and recognized by the Government of Maharashtra.
About the Fest
The 11th N. G. Fest: Vidhi Manthan will be held on 12th September on zoom platform. This will be an Elocution Competition at the national level. The topics are:
- Pandemic within Pandemic: Marginalized Communities
- Can consensual sex between adults be labelled as rape?
- Unity in Diversity: Acceptance of Sexual Minorities
The Inaugural Session shall be held at 10:30 AM sharp. Participants must join at 10:15 AM and mark their attendance in the chatbox to be eligible to take part in the Technical Session at 4 PM sharp.
Any undergraduate/post-graduate student from any discipline can participate. He will be allowed to speak on any one topic of his choice for 5 minutes without referring to any notes in any form.
- Three best speakers on each topic will be awarded Dr Gopi Gursahani cash prizes of rupees 3000, 2000 and 1000 [total 9 cash prizes amounting to 18000/] and e-certificates of merit.
- Other participants will be awarded e-certificates for participation.
- The prizes will be credited into the bank accounts of the winners.
- Note: The decision of the judges will be final.
How to Submit?
Every participant must send a precis of not more than 500 words of his proposed talk by WhatsApp on 9821316804 latest by 31st August 2020.
- The participants must be formally dressed. They must not disclose their identity nor that of their college.
- The College reserves its right to limit the number of participants and to amend/modify any rule or dis-qualify any participant.
Though registration is free, to participate a student must register latest by 20th August here and then join this WhatsApp group.
The elocution link will be posted on the group at 8 PM on 11th September.
Dr. Nilima Chandiramani: +91 9821316804
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host.