About the College
The Mandal received a generous donation from Shri Narottam Chauhan for the establishment of the Law College – Jitendra Chauhan College of Law” (JCCL), named after Shri Narottam Chauhan’s son, Late Shri Jitendra Chauhan and the college is effectively operational since 1977.
Jitendra Chauhan College of Law is run by Shri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal (SVKM). The college was established in the year 1977 and has 32 years of golden history of achievements and growth in terms of rendering quality education and contributing to the society prominent alumni who have made their mark among the legal fraternity.
About the FDP
Law and legal education have been continuously transforming to suit the prudent functioning of the governance, at the same time assuring the social goals are justified to maintain its existence. The changing time has brought about to encounter the different issues and challenges to which the legal teaching-learning process has responded in an innovative way to various concerns in the legal field.
Whether it be Constitutional Amendments, Legal Research, Intellectual Property, Environmental Law & Policy, concern about Vulnerable groups or Online Learning Platforms, etc. the legal education has embraced instantaneously changes and has always retorted with pioneering ideas and goals to procure balanced sustainability.
The purpose of the Online Faculty Development Program is to provide an opportunity to distinguished scholars/researchers/teachers in India to engage with the young faculty members/other participants to share their experiences & perspectives relating to teaching & research.
- The main focus of the Online Faculty Development Program shall be the deliberation on intricacies of law teaching in general and research in particular while identifying the gaps and suggesting future reforms therein. It is an effort to study and methodically deliberative on the recent development and changes in the field of law, thereby the consequences on the legal education and its effects in the society at large.
- The primary objectives of the Online Faculty Development Program are to train the participants and update their knowledge for best teaching methodology & provide in-depth understanding about teaching pedagogy and practices, to train the participants in the interdisciplinary research approach, to help them acquire the knowledge on the application of various social sciences into law like law and economics, law and sociology etc.
- Also to make them understand the impact of New Education Policy 2020 on Legal Education. It also aims to enable the participants, understand the role of a Law Teacher in effective teaching and learning. The methodology of the Online Faculty Development Course shall be based on an online session comprising of a minimum of one session a day of one and a half hours.
- The compulsory lecture shall be followed by an assignment and cumulative assessment of the assignment: Classroom lectures, case study, exercise-based, group discussion, presentation by participants.
Subjects and Practical Themes to be covered
- Teaching Skills and Ethics
- Making Law Graduate Practice Ready with reference to teaching to Commercial Law
- Teaching and Practice of Constitutional Law, writ petition contents [Municipal waste management] and Urban Governance
- Practice before Tribunals and NGT of Human Rights Law and Environmental Law
- Framing and Drafting a Policy-Privacy Law in India
- Research writing and reporting in International Law
- Interpretation of Law: Tools, IT, Technology and PPT
- Indian law & policy on urban development: Analysis of Past, present and future
After this Online Faculty Development Program, the participating candidates will be aware of various useful teaching skills and teaching tool. Their theoretical and practical approach towards law will be broadened.
They will be well versed with emerging contemporary challenges in the law and their future prospects. The interaction between various law teachers across the nation would also be among many outcomes that we aspire to achieve during this Online Faculty Development Program.
Who Can Participate?
The Online Faculty Development Program has been specifically designed for early-career, professional, academicians, research scholars and doctoral candidates who are teaching or conducting research in field of Law.
Certificate of Participation
Certificate of Participation will be issued to those who participate themselves.
Best Participants: Three best participant awards shall be awarded to the participants on the basis of active participation and timely submission of the assignments allocated during the online faculty development program. The best participation award shall be presented to the participants along with the certificate and a memento, shall be sent to the participant on the postal address provided by them.
Registration Fee (Non-Refundable)
Rs. 750/- for Research Scholars
Rs. 1000/- for the Professional and Academicians
Steps for Registration
- Participants will have to fill the Google form with all the required details and payment receipt.
- The last date of submission of the registration form: 17th November 2020 late application will not be accepted.
- After the successful registration and payment, the participants will receive a final mail of confirmation and an invitation letter.
- The official group will be made for communication with the participants on “WhatsApp”. The link to join the group will be provided to the participants after the final confirmation mail.
Program Coordinator: Dr. Sharmila Ghuge: Assistant Professor, Jitendra Chauhan College of Law, Mumbai
Phone number: +91-9821955339, 0532-3552008, +91-9129495447 (Whatsapp)
E-mail ID: [email protected]
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host.