About Tathya Gazette:
Tathya Gazette is an initiative under Tathya-walk the law to provide pragmatic insight into laws which are left untouched in the classrooms. We strive to provide students with a unique opportunity to garner knowledge and learn from the experiences of luminaries of the legal fraternity about niche areas of law including but not limited to Maritime law, Aviation and Space law, Sports law, Media, Fashion and Entertainment law, etc.
- To provide opportunity to publish in a platform of repute this specialises on the subject.
- To enhance writing skills by providing detailed feedback from a three-tiered editorial board consisting of students having editorial experience, recent graduates and industry leaders respectively.
- To promote the importance of writing and researching in the area of Maritime Law.
- To be a part of the unique venture of an upcoming field of law
As a part of our initiative “समुद्रिका दर्पण”(Samudrika Darpan– Maritime Mirror) we would prefer submissions on contemporary issues pertaining to maritime laws. The following subthemes shall be preferred:
- Maritime Arbitration
- Maritime Contracts (Bills of Ladings and Charter parties)
- Maritime Cyberspace and Use of Technology in Shipping
- Maritime Disputes related to Territory
- Marine Pollution and its discourse in International Law
- Developments in Laws of Admiralty (Admiralty Act and the like)
- Developments in Laws of Shipping
- Intersection of Admiralty Laws with other Commercial Laws
- Maritime Labour Laws – Rights of Seafarers Rights at Sea
- Future of Maritime industry in India
Note: the themes are not exhaustive; the author may also choose a topic which is not mentioned in the list but aligns to the broader theme of the blog.
We accept only quality and well- researched submissions from students, young professionals, policy-makers, senior academics and lawyers.
Your piece will go through three level of reviewing process: Student Editors (Student Members), Junior Editors (Recent Graduates), Senior Editors (Professionals practicing in the field)
*No piece will be published unless reviewed by all the Editors and following due procedure.
Please fill the google form or in case of any difficulty, mail it to [email protected], the subject of the mail should be “Submission: <title of work>, <name(s)>” (ex. Submission: Tax Law, XYZ), a photo and a short biography (discretionary), please include this information in your submission email. Authors should send the submission mail from their own email id and mark the co-authors, if any, in cc.
- Legal Snippets (Less than 400 words) (LS is any sort of information ranging from Landmark Judgment/ Recent Judgement/Contemporary Issue/ Basic Principle Of Law/Any Particular Process/Filling Procedure/ Summary Of Any Statute)
- Blogs 600-2000 words
- Case comments 800-1500 words
- Book reviews 800- 1500 words
Note: word limits are exclusive of footnotes and references.
- The manuscript should be in MS Word format.
- The title of the manuscript should be appropriate.
- The manuscript shall be original, unpublished and not for consideration elsewhere.
- The submission should not be plagiarized (however a limit of 15 % has been kept), and free from grammatical, spelling and other errors.
- Full names of all the author(s) must be given. (limit of three authors)
- Any uniform method for citation may be followed; hyperlinks for internet sources are permissible.
- The body of the manuscript shall be in Times New Roman, font size 12, 1.5 line spacing. Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, size 10 single line spacing
- Normal/ Default Margins shall be used.
- Page borders shall not be used.
Last date for submission: 30th October 2020
In case of any queries, feel free to reach out at [email protected]. We would be happy to receive any kind of query regarding possible submissions, suggestions regarding topics to write, how to start research, assistance in deciding topics, different ideas and proposals, any feedback, joining the team as Content Administrators or anything.
Vivek Sharma- 8898604285
Bodhisatwa Majumdar- 8240890901
Nihar Chitre- 9757135410
Achintaya Soni- 9815599553
- Website-org .
- LinkedIn profile-here.
- Instagram- HERE
- YouTube- HERE
- Facebook- HERE
- Twitter- Tathya- Walk The Law (@tathya_law): HERE
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host.