About the Blog
‘Awaaz: The Blog’ is an initiative of the Legal Aid Society, Campus Law Centre, University of Delhi. The blog publishes articles with the aim to encourage diverse legal discourse on contemporary social, political, and legal issues, and wishes to create a space where different ideas can come together and converse with each other.
It also aims at giving the students an opportunity to explore the legal arena and shape discussions relating to paramount and critical issues pertaining to legal aid through a diligent selection process.
Call for Blogs
The present issue of Awaaz focusses on social issues as well as legal and policy matters. Preference shall be given to recent developments and trends in the socio-legal domain. Owing to the nature of the blog, we shall give preference to the entries which are purely legal analyses.
The entries must showcase a predominant interface between law and society. It is to be noted that submissions will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Submission Guidelines and Policy
- Submissions should be the original work of the author(s)/contributor(s). Any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification for publication on the blog.
- Authors are advised to keep their articles concise and precise to enhance the effectiveness of their posts, ideally not more than 1,500 words (excluding footnotes).
- Co-authorship up to 2 authors is allowed.
- The content of the article should be in Times New Roman style, font size 12, with 1.5-line spacing and footnotes in Times New Roman style, size 10, with 1.0-line spacing. All headings must have uniform formatting.
- Wherever case law, statutory material or other resources are being referred to, appropriate links must be provided in the footnotes.
- Footnotes should conform to the ILI Citation Rules available at http://www.ili.ac.in/cstyle.pdf. Submissions with endnotes shall be rejected.
- In accordance with the double-blind review process, the name of the author(s) or their institutional affiliation must not be mentioned anywhere in the article.
- The Editorial Board of Awaaz and the Teacher Convener of the Legal Aid Society, Campus Law Centre shall conduct a strict editorial review of submissions received and hold absolute discretion in determining whether to accept a submission or not.
- Articles/Posts accepted for publication on Awaaz may be cross-posted. Such cross-posting shall not require the prior consent of the author(s).
- Please ensure that the title of the submission is not more than eight words long.
How to submit?
The article must be sent in an MS Word document (.doc or .docx) as a mail attachment to [email protected] with the subject “Blog Submission”. PDF/other formats/hard copy submissions will not be accepted.
The body of the email must mention:
- Name of the author(s);
- Contact number;
- Name of the Institution;
- Academic year of the course pursuing;
- Title of the paper and
- A declaration stating that the article is an original and previously unpublished work of the author(s) (two-three sentences would suffice).
All correspondence and queries may be addressed to: [email protected]
Editor-in-Chief: Daksh Aggarwal (+91-9868566210)
Managing Editor: Loveleen Kaur (+91-9999796511)
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of this Event Notification. The post has been shared as we received it from the event organizers/host.