Reporting to the General Counsel, the Director of Legal & Compliance, South Asia, acts as the primary legal counsel and compliance lead to the organization’s South Asia group. In that capacity, they provide strategic legal and compliance advice and guidance to the management team and others on complex, high-risk legal matters. They also have supervisory responsibility for the local Compliance team. They are expected to provide proactive, strategic legal input in respect of legal, managerial, and organizational issues and work closely with the General Counsel, leadership team, external law firms, and employees at all levels. They are an active member of the L&BA Senior Team, which assists in formulating the function’s strategy, articulating its culture and mission and developing and managing its talent. Some travel to support these responsibilities may be required.
- Act as the primary legal counsel and compliance lead to the organization’s South Asia group. In that capacity they provide strategic legal advice and guidance to the management team and others on complex, high-risk legal and compliance matters, taking a commercial, pragmatic and responsive approach.
- Effective and efficient management of legal advisory services and of legal and compliance risks primarily for South Asia, and additionally globally as required.
- Drafting and/or reviewing a wide range of sale and purchase agreements, corporate documents, editorial agreements and licenses, technology agreements, terms and conditions, employment, property, and finance agreements. Dealing with trademarks, copyright, data protection, competition law, business registration and company secretarial requirements. Managing disputes and litigation. Providing compliance and regulatory support.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of legal developments in these fields.
- Be an active member of the Legal & Business Affairs (L&BA) Senior Team, which assists in formulating the function’s strategy, articulating its culture and mission and developing and managing its talent. This also includes providing oversight, direction and strategic guidance and advice to the L&BA team.
Skills and experience:
- Qualified lawyer with significant experience in advising on commercial, corporate and contentious issues, ideally in a media or digital business, and with some knowledge of intellectual property.
- Ideally experienced in a multinational organization, familiar with working in a matrix structure with exposure to working as part of a global team.
- Knowledge of statutory law and regulations passed by government agencies to help the CUPA achieve its goals within the bounds of the law
- Experience in legal business partnering role supporting an organization or team to deliver its strategy.
Check the link for more details: https://careers.cambridge.org/jobs/vacancy/head—legal–compliance-new-delhi/1092/description/