The Gujarat High Court has delivered the Standard Operating Procedures. This will be implemented for the restoration of Physical Functioning. All the points in the order are made in light of the Pandemic.
- The Court shall start functioning from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Gate No.5 shall be made into a common entry. The people can get in through this gate only after thermal screening. The other gates including the one Judges enter through, shall stay closed. The people who can enter inside the court premises are very few. Advocates, Party in Person, Registered Clerks and Litigants whose cases are listed in the cause list can enter the court. There shall be an email entry pass for all the advocates wanting to enter the court. This system generated email pass shall be sent to the email ids of the Advocates. Only advocates are allowed inside according to the slots allotted. That too, only if their cases are scheduled for the day. They can take in one litigant and/or a registered clerk too. This is only if they require assistance. Even Senior advocates can be allowed but only with an earlier indication. The standing or nominated counsel and the party in person, without legal aid, can enter according to their case listed.
- Module for updating the senior counsel and registered clerk for the physical hearing shall be available on the website http://gujarathc-casestatus.nic.in/gujarathc/;
- If people arrive in vehicles, the thermal screening shall be done inside the vehicle itself. If any symptoms for the Covid-19 are noticed in people, they will not be permitted inside.
- The entry to the courtrooms shall only be for the pair of advocates/parties in person. The ones whose matter is scheduled for then and the very next pair as well. The other advocates should wait in the area specified for the same. The exit point shall be again Gate No. 5. The permit for journalists or reporters to enter the courtroom shall be given upon a prior written request. The common rooms shall remain closed until further notice. Also, the library, advocates’ tea room, public canteen, and association hall shall remain closed. Visiting certain branches for enquiring doubts or anything as of such, will not be allowed. The use of Elevators is to be discontinued to a maximum. Lift operators are only meant to permit entry of 3 persons at a time.
- The guidelines that revolve around the caution and care for Covid-19 shall be strictly followed. Wearing masks, social distancing, hygiene, sanitation et cetera shall be among the number of things followed. After the closing of the court due to some employees being tested positive, it is probably going to resume from September 16th. And all the physical hearings shall take place from then. For maintaining social distance, seats are arranged after cross taping between them. Also, the rows in between are cross taped. After each day, the whole building will be handed over to the workers who will sanitize the place.
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgment from courts. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can subscribe to our Weekly Email Updates. You can also contribute stories like this and help us spread awareness for a better society. Submit Your Post Now.