Gujarat Maritime University has been established under the Gujarat Private Universities Act, 2009. The prime objective of Gujarat Maritime University is to be a global centre of excellence in maritime education, research and development, professional training and it aims to enhance and increase the human capital and capacity of maritime industry both in India and across the globe. The aspiration is to serve the global maritime community by producing educated and well-trained professionals in the maritime domain.
GIMAC: On the lines of maritime hubs like Singapore, Hong Kong and China, India’s first arbitration and mediation centre focusing on disputes related to the shipping sector, The Gujarat International Maritime Arbitration Centre (GIMAC) is being built under the aegis of Gujarat Maritime University and is a key part of the Gujarat Maritime Cluster that will be housed in GIFT City.
GMU is looking for qualified and experienced professionals to join its GIMAC team.
Number of Vacancies
2 Vacancies. They are contractual in nature for a period of 5 years
Roles and Responsibilities
The candidate would be required to assist the President/Member Secretary of GIMAC or any other senior official of the University or its associate or promoting organizations.
- Assist the President/Member Secretary in managing the administration of dispute resolution (arbitration, adjudication, mediation) cases, including the review and due diligence of institutional, regulatory, statutory and legal requirements and financial aspects of the cases.
- Undertaking legal research in the fields of arbitration, adjudication, mediation or any other field as and when required and directed.
- Liaising with stakeholders, regulators, external solicitors and parties as well as other operating functions and services.
- Managing knowledge and content including the writing of presentation papers or any other collaterals that may be
- Representing the GIMAC at conferences, seminars and training
- Working on other matters, initiatives and programmes which may be assigned.
- Give accurate legal direction to GIMAC on all matters that influence the organization.
- Deal with the compliance, risk management for in-house counsel and other legal administrators’ groups.
- Guarantee that the GIMAC is in compliance with all present business process laws.
- Manage complex issues with different stakeholders and powers.
- Keep up with the current knowledge of adjustments in an enactment.
- Assist in promotional activities as and when required.
- Writing contents in the official website and other social platforms to publicize the Cluster and to attract stakeholders
- Assist the research into cluster models of the foreign jurisdictions; understand the challenges and ways to address them.
- Assist in collaboration and interlinkages between core service providers and other relevant industries within the cluster
- Liaise with stakeholders, regulators, external solicitors and parties as well as other operating functions and services
- Assist in management and administration of the Arbitration Centre
- Review and due diligence in compliance with the regulatory requirements
- Undertake legal research for the cluster and cases before the arbitration centre
- Represent the cluster and Arbitration centre at conferences, seminars and training conducted
- Assist in the development and implementation of internal best practices
- Qualification: LLB & LLM; Preference will be given to candidates with specializations in Maritime Law/Arbitration.
- Work Experience: The candidate should have at least 2 years of relevant work experience as Legal/Case Counsel with an established law firm/Arbitration Centre.
- Age Limit: 35 Years
Skills and Competencies Required
- Proper knowledge of maritime laws
- Excellent knowledge and command of English and Hindi.
- Drafting skills and command over writing, drafting and editing articles
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in legal writing, writing of articles, preparing manuals, undertaking legal research, review of legal documents and legal content writing.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- The candidate should be willing to undertake extensive travel.
Upto ₹ 60,000 per month
How to Apply?
- Candidates shall mail the duly filled Application Form in PDF Format to [email protected]
- Original Forms and Documents should not be sent to University, but these must be produced at the time of the selection process. Upon receipt of the application form, the university shall mail an acknowledgement to the respective applicant.
- Only upon receipt of this acknowledgement should the applicant consider his/her candidature for further process.
- The candidate can inquire on 079-23270500 in case of non-receipt of acknowledgement.
- A candidate can apply for any number of posts subject to fulfilment of criteria mentioned in the advertisement.
- However, a separate application form along with separate fees shall be paid by the respective candidate in case of applying in more than one post.
- Upon the requirement from the side of the University, candidates already in Government / Semi-Government / PSU/ Educational institution service shall have to produce NOC (in prescribed format) from their respective institution at the time of Final selection process.
- Candidates shall submit the application form in the prescribed format only along with recent passport size photograph. Application other than in the prescribed format will not be entertained.
- Candidates shall enclose self-attested copies of certificates towards the evidence of Age, Educational Qualification, Work Experience, etc. with application(s).
July 8th, 2021 by 6:00 PM