At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Corporate Council is responsible for advice and provides assistance on a range of legal subjects mainly for India and the SAARC region but also other regions in APAC with a focus on commercial transactions, but may also support other matters as needed including matters from headquarters. Based in Bangalore, Delhi or Mumbai, this position may also provide advice and assistance on subsidiary maintenance, privacy, corporate and compliance matters. The Corporate Council will report to the APAC Head of Legal based in Singapore.
- Draft and negotiate a wide variety of commercials which also includes procurement and intellectual property agreements that comply with the company’s policies and risk tolerance
- Respond promptly and effectively to legal requests from executive management, sales, operations, channels, marketing, corporate finance and other internal clients, and advise on recommended courses of action and legal risks
- Advise on privacy and data protection questions as they arise and liaise with HQ-based privacy team
- Monitor and advise on legislative initiatives and potential impact on business
- Train employees on legal issues and company policies, including anti corruption, code of business conduct and ethics and assist with implementation of policies
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements, policies and legal processes
- Support in handling corporate legal matters, e.g. entity management
- Handle special projects as requested
- Must be a lawyer qualified to practice in India
- Relevant legal experience and demonstrated success, including a minimum of 4+ years in-house experience
- Experience working at a subsidiary of a US parent a plus
- Fluent in English language, written and oral communication skills required to cater to the various markets in the JAPAC region as needed
- Must have experience advising clients on and structuring commercial and intellectual property transactions and arrangements
- Experience in supporting public sector deals and general tender support a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills, business judgment, strategic thinking, superior work ethic, dynamic and highly team-oriented
- Able to work efficiently with cross-functional teams and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters.
- Dynamic, sense of humor and commitment to professionalism
- Experience in cyber, network security or other high tech preferred
- Occasional travel in APAC and to HQ in Santa Clara, California required
Our dynamic Legal team has an impact on all go-to-market aspects of the business. The team is immersed in developing our next-generation licensing agreements, buying programs, and channel-partner programs to scale across Palo Alto Networks’ entire technology portfolio. You will work closely with Sales Operations, Revenue and Finance, Channel Operations, and Global Customer Service teams, knowing the ins and outs of our business to support it from a legal perspective. Our Legal team is an essential resource on a global basis, affecting and driving our products and services.
You’re passionate about legalities in a way that leads to solutions. You think creatively but with a higher purpose, motivated by our mission to protect our digital lives.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.