Acts as legal advisor to assigned internal clients or other company attorneys with respect to matters related to the area of specialty. Identifies legal risk and recommends solutions that help address the client’s objectives. Represents company in transactions, interactions, or disputes with customers, suppliers, partners, and competitors. Balances the business interests of client groups with ultimate fiduciary responsibility to company. Represents the company before industry policy setting organizations, government agencies, and other regulatory bodies. Areas of law practiced may include intellectual property law, mergers and acquisitions, corporate securities law, litigation, employment, structured financial deals, US government contracting, outsourcing, environmental, employee benefits, or bankruptcy.
- Manages the development of legal strategies by providing specialized legal expertise in one or more areas of strategic importance or having significant impact on revenue, risk, or policy for client base.
- Plans and facilitates training and mentoring sessions with other team members and clients to share expertise on a variety of subtopics related to a specific legal concentration.
- Identifies and resolves highly complex legal, regulatory, and business issues requiring highly specialized knowledge and judgment.
- Acts as a master of the area of specialization by networking effectively to share subject matter expertise across a broad cross-section of the organization.
Education and Experience Required:
- Advanced university degree in law (e.g. JD or LLB); additional advanced degree relevant to the specialty preferred.
- Meets local legal license requirements.
- Typically 2-4 years commercial legal experience at a law firm or in-house.
- Significant experience managing multiple, complex, strategic, specialty law projects, issues, and transactions.
For more details and application procedure click here.