Execute legal operations and provide assistance and support to the respective Team Leads, implement the litigation strategy and execute all activities related to compliance, trademarks and copyrights of Cipla to ensure smooth and uninterrupted flow of business operations from a legal standpoint
- Independently conducting Trademark searches in India and International jurisdictions.
- Advising Business on registrability and use of trademarks by providing a detailed risk notes.
- Assisting Business in product launches by advising on commercial risks associated with transactions and their potential impact on business, and suggesting appropriate risk mitigating measures
- Drafting and responding to Examination Reports, Notices of Oppositions, counterstatements, Affidavits in support of opposition and Affidavits in support of application
- Attending Show Cause Hearings
- Timely Renewal of Trademarks
- Branding/coining of trademarks
- Evaluating and advising on international trademark office actions and oppositions
- Review of trade dress and packaging and advising on the registrability and usability of the same across jurisdictions
- Drafting of Cease and Desist Notices
- Advising on disparagement and misuse of trademarks
- Conducting Trademarks Due Diligence and advising on viability of the brands
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiation of Trademark, Copyright and Patent Assignment Agreements.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiation of Trademark and Copyright License Agreements
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiation of Settlement and Franchise Agreements
- Updation and management of Trademarks Database and sharing quarterly updates with relevant stakeholders of all trademark matters
- Advising and reviewing of all trademark and copyright related litigations, briefing attorneys, counsels and in-house Legal Team and Business colleagues as in-house Trademark expert
- Understanding the practice and procedure relating to protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights
- Working on all IP litigations with the Litigation Team
- Drafting and reviewing of disclaimers
- Reviewing and advising on videos and advertisements and content being put out by the company on various social media
- Handling of all copyright work and all legal work related to domain names.
- Review of content of Conditions and disclaimer for online content.
- Review of Patient Information Leaflet
- Drafting of consent letters
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating of trademark assignment and license Agreements
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating of CDA/NDA, Service Agreements
- Review, advising on and negotiating IP clauses in various commercial agreements, across territories
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating various commercial contracts like supply distribution agreements, service agreements, material transfer agreements, product registration agreements, in-licensing agreements.
- Flag off to business teams, the risks that may arise to Company and/or affiliates
- Ensure that the business team takes appropriate internal approvals before agreeing to close an agreement
Education Qualification: LLB
Relevant Work Experience: 5-7 years experience
Job Location: Lower Parel, Mumbai
Department: IP Legal, Cipla Global Respiratory and Cipla Global Access
Employment Type: Permanent
Application Link: Career Opportunities: Senior Team Member – Legal (57755)