Zoom is an exciting and fast-moving workplace where our employees build cutting edge and impactful collaboration products for the global market. Our award-winning culture is built on trust and respect and focuses on innovation, transparency, and delivering customer and employee happiness.
Zoom is looking for a very experienced Sr. Telco Counsel to join our innovative and rapidly growing Product Legal team. In this role, you will work on interesting and complex legal/regulatory issues as we support teams to deliver delightful communications experiences to our customers around the world. You will be part of our collaborative team of in-house lawyers that proactively advises our business teams, assesses and mitigates legal risks, and provides guidance on India-focused regulatory compliance requirements for numerous categories of telecommunications services. Zoom is expanding rapidly, and we are looking for an outstanding attorney who can manage a large and complex workload encompassing multiple legal inputs into the building of a highly scalable, compliant, secure, and competitive global telephony and messaging service.
Role and Responsibilities
- Be an integral part of the Zoom Phone product legal team with primary responsibility, focused on India, for (i) understanding current applicable law and tracking developments of all current and future regulations that impact regulated telecommunications services and advising the Zoom Phone legal and business teams on the effects and requirements of those regulations (ii) supporting go-to-market strategies by advising on local requirements in new markets, (iii) providing inputs to assist in the designing and maintaining of global compliance programs, utilizing expertise in local telco requirements (regulatory and filings) and meeting with regulators as needed, and (iv) supporting business team to address customer questions in specific locations.
- Partner with product development teams to understand and advise on regulatory impacts of product, engineering, design, and operational decisions for new products, regions, and initiatives. Ensure that Zoom Phone is fully compliant in all jurisdictions in India where it operates and that such is communicated appropriately.
- Understand impact and requirements of current and future Indian laws and regulations related to Zoom Phone. Provide advice on regulations early in the product lifecycle to speed development and ensure compliance. Develop and implement legal-product processes and programs for global telco compliance.
- As a subject matter expert on local regulatory requirements, advise team how to implement best local practices in Zoom Phone capabilities and build localized experiences that drive leadership in local markets.
- Build telco compliance communications programs for use by business teams and sales with an eye to assisting customers in rapid deployment of Zoom Phone.
- Provide pragmatic day to day and strategic advice to minimize legal risks while advancing business goals and initiatives.
- Regularly partner with internal teams to understand strategies, roadmap, and initiatives, and advise on new features, activities, markets, etc., to ensure alignment.
- 10+ years of direct experience in regulated telecommunications; preferably in-house and law firm experience, with a tier-1 carrier or global transport provider, or in enterprise level tech space in global jurisdictions; JD and admission to relevant bar.
- Passion for Zoom and a deep appreciation of Zoom’s mission and impact.
- Demonstrated experience establishing and growing a unified communications platform / regulated telecom service on a global scale.
- Expertise in Indian telecom regulations and technical regulatory requirements.
- Deep expertise in telecommunications technical and carrier ecosystem including carrier interconnects, peering and tandem models, numbering systems, and the regulatory frameworks at all levels.
- Fastidious attention to detail demonstrated in the creation and execution of full scale regulatory compliance programs including all filings, reports, notices and communications with regulatory bodies in multiple jurisdictions.
- Strong collaboration skills, including the ability to communicate effectively across cross-functional teams, build consensus among stakeholders and maintain strong relations at all levels across the organization.
- Ability to explain complex regulatory requirement and legal issues in straight-forward terms for the business and customers.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to tolerate change and ambiguity.
- Ability and drive to take ownership of projects and tasks which, in some cases, will be matters of first impression but with openness to adapting in response to a fluid and expanding product roadmap.
- Extremely organized with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, multi-task in a fast-paced environment, adjust to rapidly changing priorities, and drive strategic projects to successful delivery.
- Sense of humor, excellent interpersonal skills, business judgment, strategic thinking, superior work ethic, flexibility and ability to work independently.
- Growth mindset: every new challenge is an opportunity to learn and grow.
How to Apply?
Apply Online here: Senior Product Counsel (Telco) (myworkdayjobs.com)