About The Role & What You’ll Do
- Ability to strategically handle and advise the Flipkart Group on all matters relating Flipkart’s e-commerce operations.
- Provide legal advisory on impactful strategic business opportunities and support with the
launch of new business initiatives and constructs.
- Provide legal clarifications on new and existing regulations such as FDI in ecommerce, PPI guidelines, data privacy, drugs and cosmetics, Food safety and standard regulations,
business correspondent and outsourcing guidelines, nodal account guidelines, payment
aggregator and payment gateway guidelines, Information Technology (Intermediary)
Guidelines, OTT guidelines, legal metrology guidelines etc.
- Research into new laws, regulations and legal regime that may impact e-commerce in India and advise on regulatory requirements, legal risks and mitigation strategies.
- Collaborate closely with business partners to resolve all legal issues and mitigate liability
- Build awareness of legal risk exposures and set up policies and processes for legal risk
identification and mitigation.
- Risk spotting- Proactively identifying matters that could potentially impact the Flipkart
- Initiates cross-functional efforts to drive organizational alignment
- Demonstrate maturity, judgement and functional expertise when solving legal issues and
dealing with business stakeholders
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts relating to marketing, collaboration,
advertisement, software and IT hardware etc
What you will need?
- LLB/LLM from a reputed Law College
- Strong foundation in all laws which are applicable to the ecommerce sector.
- 8-10 years of experience as an in-house counsel/in a law firm
- Collaborative, with the ability to build and sustain business relationships.
- Decisive as a leader who takes ownership of actions and responsibilities with the ability to take constructive stand on difficult issues
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills, including ability to work effectively within a
team in a fast-paced dynamic business environment.
- Enable business without compromising on the process.
- Ability to multitask, meet tight deadlines, prioritise, plan, coordinate and execute on
- Good team player with a collaborative approach in completing assignments.
- Meticulous and punctual.
- Leverage business understanding / functional expertise to deliver value to stakeholders
- Strong communication skills and excellent command over English (both oral and written) with the ability to interface with people across all levels in the organization
- Adept to work on high bandwidth and support variety of business needs
Strong foundation in all laws which are applicable to the ecommerce sector and relevant experience
Ability to manage a team, take important and strategic calls, have excellent stakeholder management
Years Of Exp
8 to 10 Years
Apply online here: Senior Legal Counsel Bangalore,Karnataka @www.flipkartcareers.com