- Structure, draft, and negotiate various commercial agreements with authors or their representatives, waiver letters, assignment agreements and subsequent amendments or renewals.
- Structure, draft, and negotiate various commercial agreements with vendors, service providers and subsequent amendments or renewals.
- Review, interpret, and analyze agreements and advising internal teams on rights and responsibilities relating to those agreements.
- Understand the business and make sure all the agreements are in line with the business model and that the Company is protected at all times.
- Make sure that all the agreements are in accordance with the Company’s internal policies and business practices.
- Review marketing materials/collaterals and support the team in quick execution.
- Research on IP laws (mainly copyright laws) their applicability, implementation and protecting the Company’s rights.
- Routine legal advice to business and operations units and conduct legal research on various topics.
- Create training material and conduct training for internal team members.
- Maintain Contract database along with sending renewal reminders and processing any renewal or amendment request if so received.
- Assist the Legal Head in any other projects or legal research, along with other colleagues, as and when required.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements.
- Candidates with prior experience in publishing, marking and copyright laws will be given preference.
- In-house experience in handling agreements with copyright matter in a company engaged in publishing or marketing is desirable.
- Some experience in negotiating contract relating to intellectual property licensing, service agreements, consultancy and other related services.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Sound judgement and ability to analyze situations and information.
- Sound knowledge of copyright laws, publication agreements, licensing agreements.
A team player but with an ability to work independently.
How to Apply?
Apply Online Here: Unacademy – Current Openings (workable.com)