JOB DESCRIPTION/ CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The incumbent will carry out a range of functions and tasks in support of the Abbott legal team in India under the direct supervision of Senior Manager-Legal. Some of the key responsibilities include –
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of legal contracts with business partners, vendors, service providers, customers etc.
- Working with Regulatory Affairs, Government Affairs, Quality, Medical Affairs, Public Affairs and other functions of the company to resolve legal issues.
- Drafting of legal notices, reply to customer complaints, representations and replies for statutory authorities requiring legal advice and assistance etc.
- Supporting stakeholders in implementing ethics and compliance policy of the company.
- Co-ordination with Advocates and Counsels in connection with company litigation.
- Preparation and review of notice, reply, application, petition and written statements etc. Review progress of on-going cases and provide regular updates to seniors
- Anticipate legal support needs of the business and help define and drive the strategic plans of the Business.
- Legal support to company’s manufacturing sites
- Advising Marketing and Medical functions on marketing, ethical promotion and product labelling etc.
- Training non-legal stakeholders on legal subjects and updates in laws
- Working and interacting with Abbott legal colleagues outside India as required
- Performing any other task assigned by the supervisor
SKILL, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- LL.B./ LL.M. from a reputed university
- Post qualification experience of 5 to 7 years
- Work experience on pharmaceutical / healthcare/ food laws would be preferred
- Work experience in a reputed law firm for couple of years is desirable
- Good academic background is required
- Proficiency in English (both written & verbal) as well as excellent communication skills are a must