What we do
Working at Coda
Life at Coda is fast-paced, challenging, and fun. As a rapidly growing global company, we’re always looking to step up and adapt to changes quickly; there is never a dull day at Coda.
We make things happen in the most impactful and effective manner. If you are always eager to initiate new ideas, hungry to contribute more, derive satisfaction from team wins rather than individual ones, and value integrity, you will fit perfectly into the Coda team!
We are looking for a Legal Counsel to be based in Mumbai, India to join ourgrowing inhouse legal team (which is headquartered in Singapore) to manageregulatory compliance and day to day operational contract reviews for theregion. This role will assist the Company in its South Asian operations andexpansion, provide the necessary support to the local business team, and reportto the Deputy Head of Legal based in Singapore.
- Providing legal advice to support the business ensuring corporate and regulatory compliance. This includes:
- Managing corporate and legal compliance in the South Asia region;
- Supporting the Legal team in monitoring and reporting on regulatory developments in South Asian countries which the Company operates or intends to operate.
- Conducting legal research, where required.
- Working in consultation with and the oversight of the global Legal team.
- Highlighting, advising on and proposing business-oriented solutions in relation to contractual issues, legal and commercial risks on a wide range of matters, including general commercial and corporate advisory work.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts with payment channel providers, merchants and third-party vendors in the region.
- Responding to enquiries from business development teams about legal and contractual obligations.
- Instructing and managing external counsels, where required.
- Handling other in-house legal matters including employment issues relating to the region.
- Comfortable meeting and building relationships with regulators and other government officials as required.
- Acting as registered grievance officer in India for the Indian entity.
- Undertaking any other ad hoc legal projects as assigned.
- Law degree from a recognised university
- Qualified to practice law in India.
- At least 3-5 years of commercial contract review experience in India. Similar work experiences in other South Asian countries such as Pakistan or Bangladesh will be advantageous.
- Excellent English speaking and written abilities. Hindi or Bengali language skills are also advantageous.
- Strong drafting, negotiation and client communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making and risk assessment capabilities, with good judgment and commitment to delivering results.
- Experience within Fintech industry will be advantageous.
- A good understanding of cross-border commercial work.
- Hands on, independent, and has excellent interpersonal skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on gender, race, age, religion, disability, or other local protected class. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive environment for all employees, and we welcome the diversity that you will bring!
If you are looking for a rapid-growth environment and great teams to work with, you should apply now.
We are sorry to inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be notified as we may be overwhelmed by the number of applicants coming into our system; hence if you do not get a reply from us – don’t give up on us just yet!
How to Apply?
Apply online here: Coda Payments – Legal Counsel (South Asia) (lever.co)