About CIC (Central Information Commission)
The Central Information Commission is a statutory body, set up under the Right to Information Act in 2005 under the Government of India to act upon complaints from those individuals who have not been able to submit information requests to a Central Public Information Officer or State Public Information Officer due to either the officer not have been appointed, or because the respective Central Assistant Public Information Officer or State Assistant Public Information Officer refused to receive the application for information under the Right to Information Act.
About the Job Opportunity
The Central Information Commission proposes to prepare a panel for engagement as a Legal Consultant on a contract basis.
Duties of the Legal Consultant
The candidate so engaged as a legal consultant is expected to work with an Information Commissioner and shall perform various duties including the following works:
- Preparation of case summary for the Commissioner,
- Identification of legal issues for adjudication;
- Legal appreciation of other laws/Acts that have bearing on the case; d. Legal research for precedents of Hon’ble Supreme Court, High Courts and orders of
- various Commissions; e. Preparing counters for writ petitions;
- Legal work as assigned by the Commissioner/Commission.
- Law Graduate from a recognized University with minimum 50% marks.
- Minimum of one year of experience in judicial or legal work in various courts, Government, quasi-judicial authorities including tribunals and national commissions,
- Professional legal skills in drafting submissions, proficiency in language
- Working knowledge of MS Office, computer handling & internet browsing.
- Qualified in All India Bar Examination
- Work experience with the presiding officer of courts, judicial or quasi-judicial authorities as legal assistant.
Not more than 35 years as on the last date for receipt of applications as per the Advertisement/Notice.
The selected candidates will be paid a consolidated amount of fee/remuneration of Rs. 40,000/- fixed per month.
An increment of Rs. 5,000/- will be considered after 1-year subject to satisfactory performance of the individual.
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates may submit their application in the format as available on the website of the Commission along with self-attested photocopies of all the educational certificates in a sealed cover super-scribed “Selection for preparation of Panel for Legal Consultants in CIC” addressed to:
Deputy Secretary (Admn), Central Information Commission, Baba Gangnath Marg, Munirka, New Delhi-110067.
- The application should reach within 30 days from the date of publication of advertisement in the Employment News.
- The application proforma has been annexed to the official notification by the CIC. The link to the same has been given at the end of this post.
Application should reach the office by August 22, 2021
- The shortlisted candidates will be examined/interviewed by a Selection Committee constituted for this purpose, whose decision will be final and binding.
- No correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- Intimation shall be sent only to the selected candidates.