With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we’re here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
The Counsel, Operations and Owner Relations – India is the in-house attorney providing legal support in India to hotels operated by Hilton as well as business partners in Operations and various departments (including Development, Operations, and Finance) in relation to hotel estate retention, amendment, interpretation and owner relations matters. The incumbent may be called upon to support the Company’s wider business affairs in Asia Pacific, including compliance with laws, deployment and implementation of Hilton policies and procedures, dispute resolution and other general legal support.
What will I be doing?
As the Counsel, Operations and Owner Relations – India, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Provide advice relating to day-to-day hotel operations.
- Negotiate and draft Management Agreements and Franchise Agreements.
- Assist and / or oversee the assistance to business partners with drafting, negotiating or counseling on business-critical matters in a manner consistent with Hilton policies, procedures, forms and past practice and with the highest level of legal service, and / or obtaining local counsel advice where business partners have additional legal needs.
- Ensure high standard of frontline and local backup support and implementation for other business and legal areas, including Compliance, Corporate, Brands & Commercial Services, Employment and Dispute Resolution, and partnering with Legal Department colleagues in APAC, EMEA and US where needed.
- Develop and implement legal strategies to address operational issues including dispute resolution.
- Provide strategic advice and strategies to business partners to manage owner relations issues including adherence to existing contracts.
- Formulate training program for business partners and identify, plan and implement additional self-service programs for hotels to help themselves on recurring matters wherever possible.
- Address issues raised by business partners regarding implementation and negotiation of standardized form agreements of general use to hotels and business units.
- Work with standard systems and procedures of Hilton’s Legal Department and strategic role in the continuous improvement and updating of these systems.
- Leverage effective partnerships with outside counsel resources, internal clients, and other corporate departments.
What are we looking for?
A Counsel, Operations and Owner Relations – India serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Law degree from a common law jurisdiction.
- 5-7 years post-qualification experience in a law firm with some prior in-house legal experience.
- Familiar with India law, including regulatory regimes and exposure to legal frameworks in multiple jurisdictions.
- A “generalist” with experience in general corporate and commercial law.
- Transaction management experience including negotiating documents to conclusion.
- Experience in managing and conducting litigation.
- Experience working for or advising MNCs.
- Good management skills in a multicultural, decentralized environment.
- Ability to create and maintain strong relations with all levels in the organization.
- Assertive, resilient and patient.
- Self-motivated and success orientated.
- High strategic and analytical skills, presenting solutions to challenges.
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely express ideas both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work irregular hours to accommodate global time differences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that build trust and instill confidence in order to motivate and influence others.
- Ability to initiate and direct collaborative efforts of multiple teams throughout Hilton , including internal resources, external resources and other constituent groups as appropriate with aim of furthering Hilton’s goals.
- Strict compliance with applicable laws, company policies, and the highest standards of professional responsibility, ethics and integrity.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems.
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage details through to completion and ensure project deadlines are met.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Solid grounding and understanding of financial statements and structures.
- Prior exposure to hospitality or hotel operations legal work, understanding of the business and legal aspects of a variety of hotel transactions, including management and franchise agreements is advantageous.
- Demonstrate and exemplify hospitable service skills appropriate to the hospitality industry.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
16th Floor, Building No. 9A, DLF Cyber City, DLF Phase – III, Gurgaon, Delhi, 122002, India
How to Apply?
Application Link is here: Counsel, Operations and Owner Relations – Corporate jobs at Hilton