Founded in 2019, apna is India’s largest professional networking and jobs platform for >250M members of India’s rising working class. Our mission is to connect people to opportunities and help reduce the skill and employment gap.
We help candidates build their digital professional identities, find the best fit hyperlocal jobs, grow their network, and learn new skills to grow their careers. Employers can find the best talent and hire for over 70 different roles in < 48 hours.
Having raised $190+ million from marquee investors like Insight Partners, Tiger Global, Lightspeed India, Sequoia Capital, Rocketship.vc and Greenoaks Capital among many others, Apna is on a mission to enable livelihoods for billions in India.
About the Role
As Associate Counsel in Apna’s Legal Team you will be working on some of the most challenging legal issues that require innovative solutions. The ideal candidate for this role will thrive in complex and ambiguous regulatory environments. You will ideally be able to work well under pressure and effectively support a business that is in hyper-growth. The ideal candidate will be a business enabler and a business partner.
You will work closely with the various business teams to provide advice related to the requirements of the business teams, draft, review and negotiate agreements on a daily basis, work with the cross functional teams including finance, marketing, trust & safety in reviewing and addressing legal issues (both pro-actively and reactively) as and when they might arise.
You will also help build the Company’s legal compliance processes as well as ensure compliance with applicable law. Ensure the company stays abreast with current and anticipated regulations as well as industry best practices.
You will be willing to work off hours and overtime, including weekends and occasionally on holidays, in order to support emergency matters and interact with globally-based company employees.
- Minimum 2 years and maximum 4 years of relevant legal experience gained by working either with law firms or in an in-house role.
- LL.B. degree is essential.
- Startup experience is preferred but not essential
- Experience assessing, analyzing, and resolving multiple issues and challenges while meeting tight deadlines.
- Experience working with internal teams on matters concerning compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and implementing solutions to improve compliance frameworks and internal policies.
- Experience working as part of a fast-paced team and exercise good judgment, strong critical thinking skills, agile prioritization, and influential presence of mind in a rapidly changing environment.
How to Apply?
Apply Online here: Associate Legal Counsel – Apna