- Awareness and understanding of the firm’s business strategy and model appropriate to the role e.g. approach to prioritisation of negotiations, compliance with relevant regulation and the internal operational risk framework, relevant IT support strategy.
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic, regulatory and market environment in which the firm operates.
- Continuous review of all daily processes to improve the service provided and enhance controls,
People and Talent:
- Lead through example and foster the appropriate culture and values,
- Set appropriate tone and expectations and work in collaboration with business, risk and control partners,
- Support the provision of ongoing training and development of people,
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the firm relevant to the role.
- Awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the firm and how performance of the role is involved in managing them;
- The ability to interpret the firm’s financial information relevant to the role, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
- Support risk control ownership under the Group’s Risk Management Framework (including relevant Operational Risk Framework ownership for FMC.
- Ensure a full understanding of the risk and control environment in area of responsibility.
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the firm’s arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas,
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role,
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge colleagues effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across the Standard Chartered Group. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the FMC team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Regional heads of Corporate & Institutional Banking, Financial Markets Sales, Credit, Margin Operations, Compliance, Tax.
- Support Here for Good and Group’s brand and values
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of master agreement documentation typically entered into by the Bank.
- Strong understanding of legal risks associated with master agreement documentation.
- Ability to work with stakeholders situated in other jurisdictions to negotiate master agreement documentation as efficiently as possible within agreed risk parameters.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to handle pressure and conflicting priorities
- English language completely fluent and strong communication skills.
Click here to apply