PURPOSE: The Legal Counsel – India reports directly to the Head of Legal, Asia and is responsible for supporting India business of LexisNexis and such other countries/regions as the Head of Legal – Asia shall direct from time to time. The role is expected to be fully integrated with the senior management team of the India business. Subject to the following, the purpose of the role is to deliver commercially focused legal advice to business decision makers, to protect the company from harm, and to ensure policies and procedures are followed. This involves ensuring legal, regulatory and internal compliance takes place to the highest standards, evaluating relevant legal issues, obligations and vulnerabilities of the business, ensuring that all practices, policies, and business activities of the organisation protect the company’s interests and are integrated with the commercial strategies and objectives of the business.
1. Delivers commercially focused legal advice across all legal areas relevant to the business and its activities seeks to proactively protect the company from harm, and seeks to proactively ensure policies and procedures are followed.
2. Ensuring legal, regulatory, and internal compliance takes place to the highest standards.
3. Advises on commercial litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
4. Analyses and negotiates commercial contracts.
5. Monitors and advises all current commercial policies and procedures for compliance with applicable law.
1. Qualified Lawyer with 1-5 years PQE
2. Law Degree from a reputable university Language: Fluency in English
To apply click here.