Amazon’s Legal Department is looking for a talented Associate Corporate Counsel to support our rapidly growing and evolving payments businesses in India.
In this role, you will need to track payments regulations in India and develop and implement related compliance actions. This role will require you to undertake in-depth legal research into a variety of complex regulations and advise legal and business teams on your findings and proposed actions. Once a decision is reached, you will help implement processes and policies to effectuate the decision. This will involve providing written legal guidance and independent counselling of business teams.
Primary responsibility will also include providing day-to-day advice on a wide range of legal areas, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, and drafting and negotiating complicated payment and other commercial agreements.
You must have strong prior work experience in a professional setting, a cooperative attitude, and excellent organizational skills. The ability to effectively communicate is essential, both verbally and in writing. The role will require that you be self-motivated to learn and understand Amazon Pay’s operations and to identify and analyze relevant laws and regulations. The role will be a part of Amazon’s legal team and involve both independent and team work in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing. You will need great judgment in ambiguous situations, practical risk calibration, and a desire to learn and be curious.
In this role, you will deal with a broad range product compliance laws. You will work independently with various global, operational, business, and programming teams, serving as the legal point of contact for development and launch of key compliance projects. You will also work closely with legal teams and external counsels.
This role will report into Corporate Counsel.
This position will be based in Bangalore. Some travel, including international travel, will be required.
• 3+ years of prior work experience in a
• Bachelor’s degree in law is required
• Strong written and oral communication skills in
• Ability to manage a large number and variety of mission-critical projects
• Experience in dealing with a broad range of product compliance issues, including all laws and regulations relating to product compliance.
• Ability to work independently, and advice business teams on legal and compliance matters.
• Prior work experience with a law firm, corporate legal department, or government agency
• Prior experience in regulatory compliance Strong analytical and computer skills.
To apply click here.