WHAT MAKES US A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
We are proud to be consistently recognized as one of the world’s best places to work, a champion of diversity and a model of social responsibility. We are currently ranked the #1 consulting firm on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work list, and we have maintained a spot in the top four on Glassdoor’s list for the last 12 years. We believe that diversity, inclusion and collaboration is key to building extraordinary teams. We hire people with exceptional talents, abilities and potential, then create an environment where you can become the best version of yourself and thrive both professionally and personally. We are publicly recognized by external parties such as Fortune, Vault, Mogul, Working Mother, Glassdoor and the Human Rights Campaign for being a great place to work for diversity and inclusion, women, LGBTQ and parents.
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH:
The Legal group at Bain is a team of experienced lawyers across the globe who work closely together to support the firm. Bain is a deeply client-focused organization, and our team is equally focused on maintaining the highest possible client-service standards with our own internal clients. We are looking for an attorney with broad corporate law experience with the ability to handle multiple projects efficiently. This is a regional role (APAC) and the Contracts Counsel will be located in New Delhi, India.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
General responsibilities will initially include:
- Principal focus on India, broader regional role over time
- Review, draft and negotiate legal contracts including: consulting engagement agreements, confidentiality agreements, vendor contracts, various other types of agreements
- Directly negotiate with Bain clients, subcontractors, vendors and alliance partners and/or support Bain case teams in negotiating contracts acceptable to Bain
- Communicate your assessment of the legal issues in an agreement to internal clients and/or one or more of the senior lawyers on Bain’s legal team in a clear and concise manner
- Coordinate review and comment by other departments
- Review and prepare RFP responses
- Support other members of Bain’s legal team on special projects
- Advise Bain Partners and teams on legal matters related to client projects and internal projects across the region
- Advising on various Global Bain policies
- Advising Bain Partners and teams on internal risk management policy issues and interpretations
- Continually developing and improving legal team processes, compliance-related processes, contract templates, best negotiating practices, etc.
- Top-tier academics. Bar admission with 8+ years’ of relevant experience at a national or international law firm and/or in-house experience at an MNC. Experience independently managing large deals or projects required
- Strong legal drafting and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly-developed organizational skills and be articulate, detail oriented and hard working
- Candidates for this position should have a strong desire for professional growth and additional responsibility within a global role and should be able to work independently while at the same time having a strong one-team ethic
Click here to apply