Senior Consultant (Legal) SCON-LE
National Health Authority (NHA), MoHFW, GoI
1. POSITIONS VACANT: Senior Consultant (Legal), SCON-LE, National Health Authority (NHA), MoHFW, GoI (One Vacancy)
2. ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND:
National Health Authority (NHA) is the apex body, responsible for implementing Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY), India’s flagship health assurance scheme, providing health cover of Rs. 5 lakhs per family, per year, for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization, to over 10.74 crore poor and vulnerable families, or approximately 50 crore beneficiaries.
NHA is tasked with implementing PM-JAY at the national level.
State Health Agencies (SHAs) have been instituted by concerned states to implement PM-JAY at the state level. SHAs have full operational autonomy to implement PM-JAY in their state.
Key Functions of NHA
Key functions of the NHA include the following:
(1) Formulation of operational guidelines, model documents and contracts, to ensure standardization and interoperability of PM-JAY;
(2) Effective implementation and regular monitoring of PM-JAY, across the country, including initiation of suitable action for course correction, as necessary;
(3) Coordination with various State Governments on a regular basis for implementing PM-JAY;
(4) Acting as an apex body for SHAs that have been set up to implement PM-JAY.
For more information about NHA, please visit https://pmjay.gov.in/about/nha
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the General Manager (Operations), the Senior Consultant (Legal) shall be responsible for the following:
(1) Provide legal advice and counsel to NHA/ SHA teams;
(2) Development of guidelines and SOPs for suitable action for dealing with fraud, including contracts, legal and punitive action, prosecution, search, seizure, claw back recoveries, etc.;
(3) Development of framework for deterrence measures and guidelines;
(4) Guide and facilitate the provision of domain specific technical support to SHAs by engaging experts on matters relating to fraud control, by drafting the Terms and Reference, inviting proposals/ applications etc., as and when required;
(5) Guide, mentor, and support SHA teams in matters pertaining to Fraud and Abuse;
(6) Ensure compliance with anti-fraud guidelines, as regards penalties and action;
(7) Develop and deploy public awareness and social messaging guidelines/ content for anti-fraud issues, in consultation with the IEC team including establishing social audits;
(8) Any other work that may be assigned by management, from time to time.
4. QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors’/ Masters’ in Law.
Post graduate degree in law shall be an advantage.
Three years of experience in legal and regulatory matters in the healthcare and medical services domain.
(1) Prior experience in criminal or corporate law shall be preferred;
(2) Prior experience in the health insurance domain shall also be an advantage;
Skills and Competencies:
(1) Knowledge of Medico legal clauses;
(2) Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills;
(3) Computer literate with knowledge and experience of MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint;
(4) Proficient in drafting notes and letters in English and Hindi, with emphasis on spelling, punctuation, grammar and other language skills;
(5) Language skills in English and Hindi.
5. VACANCY DETAILS: One vacancy
6. AGE LIMIT:
Not less than 25 years and not exceeding 40 years, as on the last date for receiving applications.
7. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Gross remuneration budgeted for the position is Rs. 1,00,000/- per month.
8. LOCATION: New Delhi, NHA Office.
9. CONTRACT TYPE AND PERIOD:
The post-holder shall be engaged on a consultancy contract, initially for a period of 12 months, extendable thereafter, on the basis of performance and approval by NHA.
10. REFERENCE: SCON-LE
11. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
1/1B, Choudhary Hetram House, Bharat Nagar
New Friends Colony, New Delhi 110 025
Phone Nos.: 011-41011564/65; 4081 990
Email: [email protected]
12. LAST DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to apply online at www.sams.co.in by or before August 9, 2020, 11:59:59 PM.
How to Apply:
Please Note: Only information input by candidates into their online application form, shall be considered for the purposes of confirming eligibility and assessing their candidature. The CV document uploaded by candidates shall be considered to comprise supplementary information, only. Requests by candidates to consider supplementary information provided in the CV document for the purposes of determining eligibility or awarding assessment scores shall not be entertained. Applications submitted through non-online modes, shall be deemed invalid.
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Job Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff.