State Bank of India is an Indian multinational public sector bank and financial services statutory body headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. SBI is the 43rd largest bank in the world and ranked 221st in the Fortune Global 500 list of the world’s biggest corporations of 2020, being the only Indian bank on the list.
About the Opportunity
Applications are invited for the SBI Apprenticeship 2021 from Indian Citizens for engagement as apprentices under the Apprentice Act 1961 (as amended from time to time).
Please note that this is only an apprenticeship program. So this is not permanent employment in the bank.
Number of Vacancies
6100 across the states in India
1 year training
Roles and Responsibilities
Who is an apprentice?
An apprentice is someone who is trained as a practitioner of a trade or profession. Apprenticeships enable practitioners to gain a license to practice in a regulated occupation.
He/She trains at a lower wage than typical. He is responsible for completing all work assigned by his/her superiors by the deadline. The majority of apprentice training takes place while the apprentice is employed by an employer (such as SBI) who assists the apprentice in learning their trade or vocation in exchange for continuous work for a set amount of time once they have attained the required outcomes.
Role of an Apprentice
- Selected apprentices work on a variety of assignments to gain a better understanding of the financial system at the grassroots level. It’s usually classified as an administrative position.
- The main goal of an SBI Apprentice is to provide consumers with after-sale services.
- They will be in charge of analyzing the completed assignment.
- They will be in charge of all responsibilities allocated to them by their superiors.
- Educational Qualification: Graduation from a recognised University/ Institute as on November 31st, 2020.
- Age Limit: Minimum 20 years and maximum 28 years as on November 31st, 2020 i.e. candidates must have been born not earlier than January 11th, 1992 and not later than November 31st, 2000 (both days inclusive).
- The maximum age indicated is for unreserved and EWS candidates. Relaxation in the upper age limit is applicable as per Government of India guidelines for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates.
The apprentices are eligible for a stipend of Rs.15000/- per month for the engagement period of one year. The apprentices are not eligible for any other allowances/ benefits
How to Apply?
- Registration: Candidates will be required to register themselves online through the NSDC website or the Apprenticeship India official website or BFSI’s website or SBI Careers page or SBI Careers
- Application Form: Candidates to visit website of SBI Careers page and open the appropriate Online Application Form, available in the ‘Current Openings’.
- Payment of Application Fee: After ensuring the correctness of the particulars of the application form, candidates are required to pay fees through the payment gateway integrated with the application, following the instructions available on the screen.
- Post-Payment: On successful completion of transaction, e-receipt and application form with fee details will be generated, which may be printed for record. Printout of Application Form is NOT to be sent to SBI.
Important Note: Candidates are advised to go through the official notification carefully before applying for the SBI apprenticeship.
July 26th, 2021