UN Women is the UN Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. UN Women is dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. A global champion for women and girls, UN Women was established to accelerate progress on meeting their needs worldwide.
About the Opportunity
UN Women is currently implementing a programme called Second Chance Education and Vocational Learning (SCE), aimed at the empowerment of the most marginalized women and girls who, owing to poverty and gender-based discrimination, have been denied access to opportunities at an early age.
The programme undertakes a holistic approach to empowerment using the pathways of learning, employment and entrepreneurship. The SCE programme enables and offers women and girls opportunities to (1) re-enter or pursue formal education, (2) undertake vocational education, (3) receive entrepreneurship, digital, and professional training and skills, and (4) find potential employment.
During the course of implementation of the SCE programme, experiences of women and girls have highlighted that finding job opportunities were restricted due to the lack of degrees and/or diplomas from higher education/training institutes, lack of employable skills (domain and transferable skills) and lack of entrepreneurship opportunities.
To respond to this challenge UN Women is implementing FLIGHT to create a cadre of skilled women, who have completed their higher education and are ready to gainfully participate in the formal and digital economy.
Reporting to Country Programme Manager, Second Chance Education, the Programme Analyst contributes to the effective management of FLIGHT by providing substantive inputs to project design, formulation, implementation and evaluation. S/he (a) guides and facilitates the delivery of the project by monitoring results achieved during implementation, and (b) ensures the appropriate application of systems and procedures, and (c) develops enhancements if necessary. She/he works in close collaboration with the programme and operations team, UN Women HQ staff, Government officials, program donor, multi and bi-lateral donors and civil society ensuring successful implementation of the project.
Number of Vacancies
Roles and Responsibilities
- Contribute technically to the development of project strategies
- Provide substantive technical support to the implementation and management of the Project
- Provide technical assistance and capacity development to project partners
- Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and reporting of the programme/ project
- Provide substantive technical inputs to the management of people and finances of the project
- Provide substantive inputs to building partnerships and resource mobilization strategies
- Provide technical support to inter-agency coordination on FLIGHT to achieve coherence and alignment of UN Women programmes with other partners in the country
- Provide substantive inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts
A Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development, or a related field is required.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building;
- Experience in the thematic area is an asset;
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of local language is required
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
- Good programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Good knowledge of Results Based Management
- Ability to gather and interpret data, reach logical conclusions and present findings and recommendations
- Good analytical skills
- Good knowledge of technical areas like – Women’s Economic Empowerment, gender and education, Programme Management and coordination.
- Ability to identify and analyze trends, opportunities and threats to fundraising
How to Apply?
To start applying for the job role of Program Analyst for FLIGHT with UN Women, click on the link given at the end of this post.
- All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be found here.
- Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
- Applications received after the close date will not be accepted.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: July 16th, 2021
Stat Date: August 2nd, 2021
If you are experiencing difficulties with online job applications, please contact [email protected].