GroupM is the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Manager – Legal to join us. In this role, you will be a part of In-House legal team, a shared resource, working across all agencies, divisions, group companies and catering to almost 20 brands of GroupM. You will be encouraged and expected to handle designated work independently. In short, you will get a lot of freedom to handle work while you’ll get support from seniors in navigating tricky situations and sticky wickets.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Legal Head
3 best things about the job:
- GroupM indulges in wide variety of business and you get to learn work covering all these businesses
- You get to experience and enjoy glamour of media & advertising industry up close and personal
- Being an MNC, GroupM ensure best industry practices and encourages work – life balance for its employees.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Get clarity on core business and be familiar with templates
In six months:
- Handle contract negotiations independently
In 12 months:
- Handle designated verticals independently
What your day job looks like at GroupM:
- End to end closure of contract of contract independently, negotiation of client, vendor and partner contracts, advising and counselling the business & commercial operations of the organization, by giving pro-active, professional, competent solution and creative legal support to minimise the risk exposure of the organization.
- You will collaborate with local business leaders, commercial leaders as well as with supporting areas (Finance, Admin, Accounting & HR) advising on legal risks, business strategies and other issues related to the Company’s businesses.
- You will be required to work as part of the teams and take on projects, assignments in addition to the daily day job.
- As and when required you will be required to work independently for projects/assignments assigned to you.
What you’ll bring:
- A solid experience in corporate work
- A definitive level of confidence in drafting, vetting, negotiating agreements,
- Reasonable experience of handling litigation
- The ability to identify and escalate issues timely and appropriately to the seniors in the team.
- Team player
- Looking for great learning opportunities and challenging work
- Law graduate from a recognized university/college
- 6 + years’ relevant experience post completion of law graduation
- Prior knowledge of media industry can be an added advantage
More about GroupM
GroupM is the leading global media investment management group serving as the parent to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the programmatic digital media platform, Xaxis, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupM’s primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPP’s media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, and proprietary tool development. GroupM’s focus is to deliver unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people, and is increasingly working closely for the benefit of clients with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar. Together, GroupM and Kantar account for over 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than $20 billion.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com
Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
Digital media advertising in India continues to grow at 30% in 2017, cementing India’s position as the second largest internet market with close to 450 million users. The Internet growth is driven by mobile data and connectivity, making it an exciting market for all integrated marketing services, fueled by the collective market investment in data and technology. With a booming economy, both traditional and new age industries are witnessing a boost in consumption, making India a high potential advertising market. With renewed foreign investments across several industries, India is an exciting market for any advertising professional.
How to Apply:
Click here to apply
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgments from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe to our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Job Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff.