Associate Manager – Legal Counsel in General Management Global Business Services
- Legal, Compliance and Audit
Does your motivation come from challenges and working in a dynamic environment? Is your ambition to create visible results? Are you enthusiastic about understanding the business and bringing attention to key business challenges? Then we might have the right position for you.
About the department
General Business Management is the central unifying department in Global Business Services (GBS), responsible for enabling the business of the various GBS units. It is a critical unit in GBS Bangalore, involved in devising strategy for GBS as a whole and help in setting direction for the various GBS units based on inspiration from the global shared services industry. The unit is also host to the GBS Management team, and is responsible for overseeing and driving strategic projects, that are of a cross functional nature. GBS Support as a unit is anchored under the Senior Vice President (SVP) of Corporate Finance and is a part of the Finance, Legal and Investor Relations (FLIR) area. GBS Support has the following sub-units with specialised focus in each of their support areas.
As a Legal and Compliance Counsel, you will be responsible for managing Legal business affairs by overseeing all legal matters related to GBS operations such as provision of legal protection and risk management advice to management, ensuring adherence to global legal standards, strategies and procedures, focus on cost effectiveness in relation to legal actions involving external legal, ensure compliance with requirements regarding GBS legal entities and ensure close collaboration with different teams Global legal and local Finance in relation to reporting of annual accounts.
Further, you will be responsible for contract management by ensuring that business contracts are in compliance with legal, regulatory and internal Business Ethics policies, review all contracts or any other documentation where the GBS has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the GBS Management team’s attention and monitor the contract process to ensure compliance with the GSC and Novo Nordisk’s contractual guidelines, satisfaction of stakeholders/customers/vendors, including participation in pre-contract discussions, contract negotiations, changes and implementation, review and archival of proof of service documents required for internal Business Ethics audits
Additionally, you would also be responsible for managing business ethics compliance by establishing strong procedure, adequate training and identify best practices for business ethics to reduce risk.
Finally, you will require to work with GBS HR to provide legal support and guidance in employee related matters.
We are expecting you to hold the below skills and knowledge
• Bachelor’s Law degree from well reputed university
• Associate Company Secretary (ACS) as desired qualification
• Overall experience of 7+ years from business legal in an international environment
• Must have hands on experience in managing legal business affairs, contract management, ethics compliance and provide legal support & guidance in employees related matters
• Prior experience in pharmaceutical industry is an advantage
• Prior experience implementing and sustaining compliance programmes strong interpersonal skills and solid leadership skills within own team
• Excellent English script and speech writing ability
• Strong interpersonal skills, a flexible and collaborative approach to problem solving and an ability to work in a fast-paced, rapid changing environment
• Strong decision-making skills
• Engaged and able to drive own performance and able to independently plan and prioritise tasks within the framework and objective of the function
Working at Novo Nordisk
At Novo Nordisk, we have been changing diabetes since 1923. If you are ready to strengthen our position as an innovative pioneer and respected industry leader, we encourage you to join us to make the most of your talent. In exchange, we offer you the opportunity to work with extraordinary talent globally and benefit from a range of possibilities for professional and personal development.
For further information, please contact Sudha at [email protected]
1 Sep 2020
How to Apply:
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Job Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff.