The Flipkart Group is one of India’s leading digital commerce entities and includes group companies Flipkart, Myntra, and PhonePe. Started in 2007, Flipkart has enabled millions of consumers, sellers, merchants and small businesses to be a part of India’s e-commerce revolution. With a registered customer base of over 200 million, offering over 150 million products across 120+ categories. Our efforts to democratize e-commerce in India, driving access and affordability, delight customers, create lakhs of jobs in the ecosystem and empower generations of entrepreneurs and MSMEs has driven us to innovate on many industry firsts. Flipkart is known for pioneering services such as Cash on Delivery, No Cost EMI and easy returns – customer-centric innovations that have made online shopping more accessible and affordable for millions of Indians.
Driven by the passion of ‘Flipsters’ and our core values of Audacity to Win, Bias for Action and Customer First, with Integrity – Flipkart’s work policies reflect the company’s efforts to create a progressive work environment that drives inclusion and innovation and encourages work-life balance. Ranked at #1 in LinkedIn’s ‘Top Companies to Work For in 2019’, among the ‘100 Best Companies for Women by Avtar and chosen among the Top 3 Most Desirable new-Age Recruiters by Dare2Compete, Flipkart is the ideal place to start and achieve great heights in your career.
Assistant Manager/ Senior Legal Counsel, Bengaluru
In 2007, we started the Flipkart journey by selling books online. But now, over a decade later, our story is quite different. Today, Flipkart is India’s largest online marketplace and one of India’s leading technology powerhouse that is disrupting the way India shops online. What has got us here? The dynamic, passionate and talented folks we call Flipsters!
Our core values define our identity and form the basis of our actions and reflect in everything that we do at Flipkart. Values enable us to shape the desired organizational culture in which each Flipster can thrive and be at their best.
We believe in taking bold bets and changing the paradigm, having a sense of urgency to solve problems strategically and putting great ideas into action. We look at the world from our customer’s point of view and keep customers at the heart of everything we do. We strive to do the right thing always and be committed to our customers and stakeholders.
About the team
You will be part of the legal team supporting Supply chain for West area.
About the role
You will work as Assistant manager/ Assistant Legal Counsel supporting various supply chain business stakeholders
What you’ll do:
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and executing various commercial agreements and documents
- Commercial contracts: Demonstrated (hands on experience) subject matter knowledge in structuring, drafting, negotiating and closing following types of contracts;
- Supply Chain/Logistics Agreements – transportation, warehousing services, etc.
- Consultancy Agreement
- Third party Logistics agreement
- HR agreements with third party service providers
- Services agreements, inter-company contracts, employment contracts, Non-Disclosure Agreement and ancillary agreements, etc.
- Lease, license, sale deed/ renewals/ termination
- Building contract and compliance checklist and processes and ensuring that the systems are functioning smoothly.
- Provide advisory to business partners on commercial/business projects related to Supply Chain / logistics and real estate.
- Institutionalizing best practices for legal contracts and documentation with an objective to increase efficiencies.
- Advice business partners on legal and regulatory matters including intellectual property, Labour laws, Real Estate Compliances, contract interpretation, breach and remedies, contract compliance requirements. Research into new regulations and legal regime of new domains of business and advice on regulatory requirements, legal risks and mitigation strategies.
- Streamline generic documentation work and establish timelines and systems around the same including Contracts Management, and advising on franking of documents to Business teams, etc.
- This position will be based out of Bangalore and head all legal work in West Region and will have one reportee. This position shall report in to the South and West legal in-charge. Additionally, this position will also work closely with the Function Head on strategic and central projects.
What you’ll need:
- LLB from a reputed Law College with experience in corporate laws, property laws, labour laws, contracts drafting and compliance in online/ecommerce sector. In-house legal experience in the corporate function of a reputed company is mandatory. Law firm or MNC experience is preferable, but not mandatory.
- 4-8 years of experience in corporate legal, commercial contracts, and business advisory work.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated (hands on experience) in contract drafting, good negotiation, and execution skills i.e., ability to draft, negotiate and close transactions independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated (hands on experience) subject matter knowledge in Property laws, Contracts, corporate laws, statutory compliance and monitoring
- Should have good understanding of: (a) contract drafting and structuring; and (b) Real Estate Compliance (including Lease Due Diligence process)
- Should have excellent research, analytical skills and should be able to exercise judgment and discretion to opine on compliance/ legal issues effectively.
- Able to drive efficiencies within the role and to be a trusted member within the legal team. Should enhance industry specific understanding and assist in establishing best practices for contract drafting/compliance issues.
- Ability to collaborate and engage with external counsel as and when required
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills, including ability to work effectively within a team and a fast-paced dynamic business environment.
- Process oriented at the same time solution oriented.
- Able to multitask. Speak and write English.
- Good team player with a collaborative approach to completing tasks.
- Meticulous and punctual.
- Inspired, proactive and a go-getter.
- Leverages business understanding / functional expertise to deliver value to customer.
- Strong communication skills and excellent command over English (both oral and written) and the ability to independently interface with people across all levels in the organization.
How to Apply:
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Job Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff.