About Equinix and ONELegal
Equinix connects the world’s leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the world’s most connected data centers in 55 markets across 5 continents. In Asia Pacific, Equinix operates 46 data centers in Asia Pacific across 13 metros in Australia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, and South Korea. Equinix recently expanded its portfolio and announced its expansion into India with its acquisition of 2 data centers in India.
Equinix is seeking a Legal Director, Corporate, who will primarily be responsible for negotiating, drafting and managing a wide range of corporate contracts.
Our global legal team may span 5 continents, but we are One Legal – a truly cohesive global team, working together across borders in support of shared strategic objectives. We work hard but take time to celebrate our accomplishments – both professional and personal – with a healthy dose of fun thrown in along the way. We look forward to coming to work each day to support Equinix and each other and highly value the team first culture we have created.
We are proud that the Asia Pacific Legal Team was also awarded the ALB SE Asia Law Awards “Technology, Media and Telecommunications In-House Legal Team of the Year” for 2016 and 2017, ALB SE Asia Law Awards “Innovative In-House Team of the Year” 2019, the Legal 500 Award “GC Powerlist Southeast Asia Teams” for 2018 and 2019, Asia Pacific Top 100 corporate counsel 2019 and Financial Times Asia-Pacific Innovative Lawyers 2019.
Equinix’s One Legal team comprises valued business partners with a reputation for being responsive, consistent and proactive. We take customer service seriously and strive for excellence in execution. Equinix’s steep growth trajectory keeps us on our toes and constantly learning. Strong relationships with our internal clients, fueled by our solution-driven orientation and creative, practical advice get us invited to the table early and often and lead to interesting and rewarding work directly in support of Equinix’s corporate strategy. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Being a close partner to the business, the successful candidate will be assisting in a broad spectrum of legal, compliance and corporate secretariat matters within Equinix’s business, with a particular focus on Equinix business in India.
- Assist to implement and maintain the Company’s Compliance program, including policies and procedures, deliver Compliance training addressing employee needs and Compliance requirements as well as enhancing employee awareness and knowledge of regulatory requirements and sensitivities in India.
- Advising on legal matters and projects; working closely with and providing strategic guidance to the business, especially the internal Corporate Development Team, Real Estate Team as well as the Construction & Design Team to support the Company’s expansion activities in India.
- Working with members of Equinix legal team (including Equinix regional and global teams) and external counsels where required.
- Providing pragmatic and commercially focused legal advice and responding to queries on a wide range of corporate contracts, including prosecuting and defending litigation and/or insurance claims if required.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts to ensure Equinix’s interests are protected. Liaising with colleagues globally on corporate matters.
- Identifying contracts that do not comply with Equinix policies, processes, and procedures and escalating issues to stakeholders/approvers and to appropriate party to address non compliance.
- Conducting presentations, training and educating the business team members on legal review processes and procedures, legal documents and applicable laws.
- Functioning as part of the wider global legal team, including engaging with other departments, providing input on corporate issues, undertaking any global projects, initiatives, deals, corporate or other commercial transactions as may arise or be assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Law degree from a recognised university and about 10 to 12 years’ post qualification experience in India; with some experience in a reputable law firm. Having prior in-house experience in an MNC will be an advantage. Admitted to practice in any commonwealth jurisdiction, preferably in India.
- Prepared to use technology including contracts management system and online corporate secretariat system. Articulate, with great communication and drafting skills and highly effective in English.
- Competent, accurate, proactive, resourceful, independent, organised, able to prioritise effectively to meet deadlines, address risk, achieve results, an effective time manager with strong interpersonal skills with a focus on teamwork and ability to foster/manage relationships across multiple departments.
Role will be located in Mumbai, India but will require to travel within and outside India for work assignments.
How To Apply:
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Job Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff.