Job Description :
- Supporting in providing pro-active legal leadership, support and advice to the procurement function, and the key stakeholders in USL and to assist them with achieving their core strategic objectives whilst appropriately managing and mitigating the associated legal and reputational risks.
- Ensure that transaction risk (in the underlying business & in the negotiated documents) is contractually mitigated as far as possible to protect USL Diageo and that any remaining risk is understood by all relevant stakeholders
- Lead in drafting and negotiating contracts like commodities, services, procurement of materials and goods, warehouse and logistics and other service provider agreements
- Co-develop standardized processes with Sr. Counsel, incorporating best practices from the industry, and templates for the efficient and effective delivery of legal services and business operations for procurement
- Support initiatives in identification and interpretation of applicable and changing laws and regulations in all areas of business activity, and provide support for crisis management and taxation changes.
- Provide frameworks, processes and checklists and training to ensure effective adherence to legislative requirements in day to day Operations
- Lead the simplification agenda for the legal team and centralise procurement of legal services. Automate the contracting process for specifically low value transactions.
- Analyse, research and prepare documentations on a range of legal and regulatory issues (incl. corporate, commercial and contract law, health safety and environment, Food Safety, excise, customs, intellectual property, licensing, corporate compliance, foreign investment, M&A, product liability, anti-trust etc.) to support Sr. Counsel on the above matters
- Graduate in law with over 6-8 years post-qualification experience in-house or private legal practice
- Good communication, drafting, negotiation and presentation skills
- Litigation experience will be an added advantage
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple complex legal projects across regions in India
- Ability to work with and influence senior stakeholders within the Company
- Ability to manage legal budgets within the Company and seek minimum external support
- Ensure appropriate and relevant legal trainings to stakeholders.
- Establish fantastic relationships and drive the creation & implementation of tools to systemise key issues and bring simplicity to the market
- Effective and proactive business partnering delivering value to the business
- A self-starter who can work on assignments independently with minimum supervision and demonstrates willingness to grow/ develop and is open to receive and respond to feedback
- Individual contributor role.
- Willing and open to travel across India, as and when required.
How To Apply:
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Job Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff.