Work you’ll do:
As a Senior in Deloitte’s Legal Business Services function for Deloitte Tax Services India Private Limited (“Deloitte Tax in India”), you will provide corporate business legal services support on engagements for our clients’ large and complex organizations. Services include assisting supervising counsel with their business as usual contracting and negotiations; and review, abstraction, and remediation services in response to regulatory and corporate triggering events; assisting in calendaring, statutory filings, workflow coordination, information and records management. You will interact mainly with US and global team members, as applicable and will contribute directly to delivering first class service to our clients. You will be working with Deloitte Senior Managers and Managers of Legal Business Services (“LBS”) projects and engagements. You will support the engagement lifecycle from opportunity pursuit through service delivery and identification of expansion opportunities to continue to deliver benefits to our clients. Your primary responsibility will be ensuring the high-quality delivery of the work to the leads. As a part of the services, you will pursue and execute continuous service improvements through technology and process improvements. You need to consistently strive for excellence, taking pride in carrying out responsibilities efficiently and with impeccable execution. You should be a self- starter who works well within a team, is energized by a continuous learning environment, and possesses an ability to work well with deadlines.
Responsibilities will include:
- Deliver corporate business legal engagements for Deloitte clients – assisting with engagement playbooks, training, leading, and quality controlling the work product of teams supporting business as usual contract and negotiations service assistance; and review, abstraction, remediation services in response to regulatory and other corporate triggering events
- Identify process and operational efficiencies within corporate business legal services clients’ contracting function
- Help develop eminence and thought leadership materials in the field of Legal Business Services (LBS) and, more broadly, legal innovation
- Monitor the performance of LBS associates
- Institute KPIs and metrics to govern, measure, and track client engagements
- Report against KPIs and metrics
- Review with the preparation of proposals
- Assist with compiling, analyzing, and documenting facts
- Assist in executing engagement administration: document collection, data entry, tracking, records organization, document review, and coordinating client logistics
- Review the draft reports and findings, including the preparation of tables, exhibits, and charts under counsel supervision
- Review in researching technical and industry-specific issues
- Communicate effectively to all levels of engagement management and clients
- Ability to balance multiple projects and responsibilities
Disclaimer: Deloitte Tax in India and its affiliates in the United States and India do not practice law or provide legal advice.
Legal Business Services is a service line within Deloitte Tax in India that collaborates and works closely with other Deloitte business units, including Deloitte Advisory and Deloitte Consulting. As a part of the Deloitte network of member firms that spans many countries with thousands of professionals, Deloitte brings global perspectives and deep market and industry knowledge. Today’s multinational organizations need personnel who can support them with day-to-day and life event legal business services, across a multidisciplinary skillset. Deloitte has a long-standing reputation for helping clients navigate complex, cross-border issues.
- Qualification in Law
- Strong substantive understanding of the area of commercial contract law, i.e. key contract clauses/issues such as indemnification, limitation of liability, warranties, etc.
- 5-8 years of relevant legal experience or alternative legal service industry experience
- Level of familiarity with legal technology and its application in the contract lifecycle management field
- Strong Microsoft Office and other technology skills such as Excel, PPT, Visio, Power BI and Tableau
- Experience in moderate complexity commercial contract drafting and negotiation skills
- Experience with legal services RFPs
- Familiarity with commercial agreement types such as NDAs, SOWs, MSAs, distribution agreements and license agreements
- Adept at working virtually
- Aptitude and commitment to continue to learn various IT platforms and additional software skills
- Lean Six-Sigma and/or Project Management Professional certification
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Good communication (to both internal and external stakeholders) and collaboration skills
- Excellent client presentation skills
- High level of attention to detail, outstanding organization skills and well-developed critical thinking skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- At least one of the following accreditations:
- Project Management Program (PMP)
- Enrolled Agent (EA)
Work Location: Hyderabad
Shift Timings: 11 AM to 8 PM IST
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional’s opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
“Deloitte” is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management and tax services to selected clients. These firms are members of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited DTTL, a UK private company limited by guarantee. Each member firm provides services in a particular geographic area and is subject to the laws and professional regulations of the particular country or countries in which it operates. DTTL does not itself provide services to clients. DTTL and each DTTL member firm are separate and distinct legal entities, which cannot obligate each other. DTTL and each DTTL member firm are liable only for their own acts or omissions and not those of each other. Each DTTL member firm is structured differently in accordance with national laws, regulations, customary practice, and other factors, and may secure the provision of professional services in its territory through subsidiaries, affiliates and/or other entities.
In the United States, Deloitte LLP is the member firm of DTTL. Like DTTL, Deloitte LLP does not provide services to clients. Instead, services are primarily provided by the subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP, including:
- Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Deloitte Consulting LLP
- Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP
- Deloitte Tax LLP
How To Apply:
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Job Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff.