Cvent is an exciting, fast-growing tech company that provides industry-leading software to event professionals around the world. Our suite of services – online event registration, venue selection, mobile apps, email marketing, web surveys, and targeted hotel advertising opportunities – have positioned us a major player in the estimated $565 billion global meetings and events industry.
Cvent is the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software for meetings and event management. Our platform of products includes software to manage and facilitate online event registration, meeting site selection, event management, e-mail marketing and web surveys. We also develop mobile apps for both corporate and consumer events. Founded in 1999, we currently have 4000+ talented and dedicated employees and are headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C., in McLean, Virginia, with additional U.S. offices in Portland, Oregon; Austin, Texas, and Atlanta, Georgia. Internationally we have offices in Gurgaon, India, London, England, Australia, Singapore and Dubai, UAE. Cvent has received many awards and honors recognizing our strong company culture, innovative products, stellar customer service and support, visionary leadership and investment in our employees.
We are seeking well-qualified, experienced candidates for an in-house attorney position for Cvent India Private Limited. This is a unique role which offers an opportunity to work with both our Sales and Procurement teams. Primary responsibilities include preparing and negotiating software as a service subscription agreement(s) in support of the sales organization (U.S. East Coast region) and performing similar work with respect to vendor and service provider agreements for the procurement, technology and other business departments. This will necessitate working closely with Sales, IT, Procurement, Finance and Customer Service.
The position reports to the Senior Manager – Legal based in India. This individual will be expected to bring a high degree of contracts expertise to the position, and to rely on that expertise along with sound judgment and professionalism to operate independently. All work will require a “business” as well as a “legal” approach, requiring responsibilities and competencies in software, negotiation, structuring deals and validation of terms against commercial and industry norms, project management, and team leading that is much more than simply documenting the legal terms of an already agreed upon deal.
What You Will Be Doing
· Drafting and negotiating various commercial agreements such as Software as a Service agreements, Subscription agreements, Services agreements, Facility agreements, Security agreements, Engagement letters with Service Providers, Confidentiality agreements and other relevant legal documentation and subsequent amendments.
· Review legal communications from customers, service providers, third parties and government agencies, and draft responses to same in consultation with management; draft outgoing legal correspondence relating to enforcement of Cvent contracts, intellectual property and other rights.
· Review RFPs and RFQs, offering appropriate alternatives to contract terms and conditions.
· Routine legal advice to business and operations units.
· Support the Account Management, Billing, Collections, and Legal personnel as necessary to:
· Manage contract renewal process and prepare improvements for same
· Track and send contractually required notices/reports
· Track all contractually required product enhancements and service level requirements
· Support collections (e.g., investigate bankruptcy claims, prepare release forms)
· Perform other projects and duties at the request of management team.
· Working Week – Monday to Friday
· Working Hours – 6.30 P.M. – 3.30 P.M. (IST)
What You Will Need for this Position
· LL.B. from a good university like NLSIU, NALSAR, NUJS, NLU (Jodhpur, Bhopal) Law, or Faculty of Law, D.U.
· The candidate must have at least –6 – 8 years of relevant experience (post qualification) in the contracts and agreements domain; preferably both international and domestic contracts.
· SaaS experience is required
· Incumbent should have strong experience in drafting, vetting, negotiating various contracts, and interpreting them.
· Understanding of financial and commercial terms in Contracts.
· Understanding of important laws and statutes having business and commercial impact to the organization’s operations.
· Understanding of nuances of Technology Contracts, including global privacy regulations.
· Good written and oral communication skills
· Excellent analytical and comprehension skills
· Good academic track record
· Ability to work with business teams displaying an understanding of the business requirements
· Good interpersonal skills
· Willingness to work hard
· Ability to manage time efficiently
· Working knowledge and experience with software and hardware issues, and legal concepts regarding software contracts and licensing such as Limitations of Liability, Indemnification, Warranties, Termination, Data Security, and Confidentiality.
· Self-starter who understands executing with urgency, and the ability to comfortably work in an intensely deadline-oriented environment. Accuracy and attention to detail are essential requirements for this position.
· Ability to close issues quickly and effectively
How To Apply:
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Job Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff.