Corporate Counsel – Digital
We are looking for a talented Corporate Counsel – Digital to support our rapidly evolving and expanding digital businesses in India. Lawyers at Amazon are trusted members of the business. Our work is intellectually challenging, exciting and fast-paced. Developing innovative solutions to novel legal questions is part of our daily job. Like everyone at Amazon, we are passionate about our customers.
You will serve as the primary lawyer responsible for counseling the digital businesses on a broad range of legal, commercial, technology, compliance and regulatory matters and structuring, drafting and negotiating complex commercial transactions. You will work directly with the business, serving as lead counsel on strategic initiatives and key deals, helping evaluate and launch new and innovative products and services in the digital domain. You will provide day-to-day advice to the business on a wide range of issues, resolve matters that arise in existing commercial relationships and handle pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries. The role would also require counseling business on relevant legal developments. You will be part of the legal team that supports Amazon’s devices and digital businesses in India.
Throughout all the above tasks, you will closely coordinate with local and global legal teams and outside counsel. The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
This position is based in Mumbai. Some travel, domestic and international, will be required.
· LL.B. (undergraduate law degree) from a top tier university in India.
· A minimum of 8+ years of experience as a lawyer (with several years of experience at a leading global law firm and/or in-house at a major multinational corporation).
· High degree of independence, initiative and decisiveness but also a desire to be challenged and think outside the box
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, as well as demonstrated proficiency in working closely with and advising senior executives of an organization.
· A team player and consensus builder with great people skills who can effectively and efficiently collaborate and build relationships with attorneys and business clients at all levels throughout the organization.
· Ability to prioritize in a fast-moving environment.
· Outstanding legal and business judgment especially in ambiguous situations.
· Highest standards of ethics and professional integrity.
· In-house or law firm experience in the technology / telecommunications space
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
How To Apply:
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Job Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff.