Amazon’s Legal Department is looking for a talented payments counsel to fill the position of Corporate Counsel to support Amazon Payments business, a dynamic and rapidly growing business. You will serve as the lawyer responsible for counseling the payments business on a broad range of payment and regulatory matters with particular focus on payment aggregation business. This will include setting up escrow account, ensuring escrow compliance, collaborate with the product teams to align on the regulatory exceptions, formulating policies on 3P merchant onboarding, customer payments and experiences. Your role will also require constant engagement with business, tech, accounting and compliance teams to structure complex payment transactions, offer advisory on information security related aspects, and also collaborate with the compliance and business team to formulate a comprehensive customer grievance framework, in line with regulatory requirements. You will also be responsible to support consumer lending solutions, UPI business, co-branded credit card program and merchant services. Primary responsibility will include providing day-to-day advice on a wide range of legal areas, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, and drafting and negotiating complicated payment and other commercial agreements. The duties will also include engagement with bank and network partners, manage customer disputes and assist in responding to regulatory complaints. You will also be responsible to monitor and publish regulatory changes, and work with various internal teams to drive compliance.
You will also engage with the global counterparts to take benefit of global trends, and work with external counsels wherever required.
In-house experience at a technology or financial service company is a plus.
· A minimum of 5+ years of legal experience in financial sector (with several years of experience at a leading law firm and/or in-house at a major multinational corporation).
· Extensive experience and strong skills in drafting and negotiating contracts.
· Extensive experience in analyzing and responding to regulatory and compliance matters
· Ability to function autonomously yet communicates laterally and upwardly with ease.
· Strong legal and business judgment.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
· Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and coordinate complex issues and projects with diverse levels of management and employees.
· LL.B. (undergraduate law degree) from a recognized university in India.
· Additional CS qualification is desirable.
· In-house experience at a technology or financial service company.
· Familiar with the electronic financial services sector to counsel and assist with payments-related matters to support Amazon’s payments businesses (such as merchant processing arrangements, payment association rules, banking and credit laws, and financial privacy).
· Familiarity with money service business compliance requirements, anti-money laundering rules, know-your-customer requirements, and payment aggregation regulations.
How To Apply:
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Job Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff.