What this job involves:
Assisting the legal and contracting team in carrying out applicable compliances for all JLL entities, to mention few, note below:-
- Mitigate legal risk by tactfully implementing legal strategy and exploring new legal regimes.
- To carry out review and analysis of internal legal & contracting processes and framework.
- Managing the initial assessment of compliance incidents and directing non-compliance incidents to the appropriate function for addressing.
- Detecting legal risks and contractual liabilities in the organization and provide advice on possible non-compliance issues.
- Maintaining incident management repository for tracking and reporting on legal incidents and assisting in the management of the legal response process.
- Liaising and advising different stakeholders on the importance of legal issues and navigate the rapidly evolving global compliance landscape.
- Bringing in efficacy both in terms of costs and productivity.
- Keeping up to date with legal legislation and regulation.
- Assist the legal team in drafting and vetting commercial contracts.
- Ensuring the compliance control framework remains aligned with external legislation.
- Undertaking contracting monitoring activities.
- Helps Company to resolve existing and upcoming legal issues and establish cordial relationship with directors and all its stakeholders.
- Provides resolution of business or legal issues by identifying contracting solutions.
- Study of all notifications, circulars, amendments etc. and advice the applicability of the same on the company accordingly.
- Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher-level knowledge and skills
- Builds knowledge of the company, processes and clients
- Solves a range of straightforward problems
- Analyses possible solutions using standard procedures
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
- Support to all business lines by advising them on all legal & contracting matters
Sounds like you? To apply you need to be:
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a contracting or advisory role, gained as a contracting specialist, legal counsel, or other similar role;
- General understanding of litigation & contracting systems or programs and identifying potential legal risks;
- General knowledge of compliance management, data privacy, anti-bribery and corruption, anti-money laundering, cybersecurity, workplace harassment, intellectual property, and corporate governance
- 2-3 yrs. PQE
- Proficiency in English;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Knowledge of Contract Act, Labour laws including the new labour codes, Insolvency Code, Stamp Act, Registration Act, etc.;
- Experience in drafting and vetting contracts;
- Ability to research on the matters as per requirement;
- Ability to handle business relationships.
- Excellent analytical skills so as to analyse and opine on various statutory provisions;
- Willingness to travel within India for official work.