The position will focus primarily on transactions to produce,distribute and acquire product for Sony Pictures International Productions throughout the world in English and in local languages and also on regular contracts regarding the Hollywood film distribution business. This attorney will work closely with the Head of Legal Affairs and senior business and finance executives worldwide to document and administer production,co-production,finance and license agreements for both motion pictureand television productions.
- Draft and negotiate agreements for all facets of motion picture and television production and development, including license agreements, above-the-line agreements,option and literary works purchase agreements, production services agreements, production placement and promotion agreements,assignments,releases; draft contingent compensation definitions and standard definitions,composer agreements,and settlement agreements etc.
- Assist in drafting intellectual property licenses and standard form contracts,such as talent agreements,and other documents.
- Contract administration, contract execution, and contract management.
- Reviewing agreements in connection with talent rights and clearances.
- Reviewing and perfecting Chain of Title with respect to rights and clearances for the same.
- Film Script Clearance from legal risk exposure standpoint.
- Research and prepare necessary background information for litigation preparation.
- Research related to contracts,privacy rights,copy right laws,international subsidies and tax credits,script clearances,guild requirements, and other legal matters.
- Assist with structuring and drafting joint venture,co-production,out putand co-venture agreements as appropriate.
- Keep a record of all Sony Remakes Rights obligations and update them from time to time
- Filing and archiving systematically all legal contracts so as to improve accessibility
- Working on Anti-Piracy executions for release titles
- Assisting on any litigation matter through research and documentation.
- Keep updated on latest copyright and laws governing OTT and streaming partners and impact on content creators
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- LLB from a reputed institute.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in entertainment law preferably with motion picture and television production, streaming, financing and acquisitions experience.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word.
- Must be strong negotiator and possess Excellent communication skills(both written and oral).
- Additional languages kills a plus.