– Develop a watertight legal framework, working with the Group, for GTI to ensure we are always protected against potential/ manifested legal exposures relating to (but not limited to) DRI, DGFT, licensing agreements, Shipping ministry guidelines, land revenue, Tariff Authority, vendor/customer contracts etc
– Drafting & vetting of standard legal documents such as agreements, letter of intent, memorandum of understanding, power of attorney, authority letters, notices, correspondence, internal memos, SOPs etc. and bring in industry best practices to minimize exposure to GTI
– To maintain proper record of all agreements and maintaining an effective MIS of all-important documents viz. licenses, permits, permissions, etc.
– Perform compliance reviews and undertake countermeasures for on-going deviations
– Dealing with export promotion scheme related matters such as EPCG/SEIS/SFIS and others; coordinating with chartered accountant, certified engineer for certificates as required for EPCG redemption / new application. Prepare MIS and documentation for EPCG licenses, Liaison with Customs officials for submission of documents.
– Proactive assessment of notifications, on-going legal issues or exposures of GTI and continued updates to the management on legal matters
– Continual monitoring of relevant sources any new public notices / circulars / notifications applicable to Company and report to relevant persons in the Company
– Overall management of the Bank Guarantees received from the vendors
– Ensuring all the required in-house legal activities as desired from time to time are actioned.
– Must have an accredited legal qualification and minimum 10-15 years of experience in handling legal matters preferably in the port / logistics sector and must have experience working with top tier legal firm for at least 5 years
– Has recognized legal skills allowing partnering/counselling role to other managers and functions to optimize commercial decisions
– May be required to draw expertise from other legal specialists (i.e. those with in depth knowledge in areas such as data protection law, maritime law, oil and gas law, labour law, contract law, mergers and acquisition, and claims)
– Legal skills enabling the individual to work independently with limited supervision
– Strong organizational knowledge
– Influences projects with limited exercise of command
– Decision-maker in day-to-day activities
– Contributes to continuous improvements on existing concepts and processes
– Presents recommendations to management
– Must be familiar with local civil, criminal, commercial, real estate, torts, labour laws & practices.
Last application date: 10/1/2021
Click here to apply