The Role Responsibilities
- To review, advise, draft and negotiate global procurement contracts (technology and non-technology) to ensure they meet the Group’s third-party contract standards and applicable law. This will include software, market data and subscription licences, escrow agreements, hardware, equipment/device purchases and support/maintenance services, business process outsourcing, professional services arrangements across the global functions and businesses, HR and other functional support services, general goods and services arrangements and intragroup servicing arrangements, including outsourcing.
- To analyse potential risks involved with specific contract teams and other risk owners.
- To keep up to date with relevant policies and procedures and applicable law.
- To provide stakeholders with accurate and timely information and advice regarding the status of contract matters.
- To support with continuous improvement initiatives in relation to contract processes, workflow, guidance, playbooks and templates and provide training on contract legal issues to legal teams and other stakeholders.
- To collaborate and coordinate with other legal teams across the Bank to ensure appropriate overall matter management. Where external counsel is appointed, to manage the engagement, oversee the quality of work and effective delivery of legal support and manage external legal costs.
- To support on team management and administration tasks where required
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Taking personal and team responsibility for achieving the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Supply Chain Management
- Group Legal teams (including Technology Legal)
- Country Legal teams
- Advertisement -
- Commercial: pragmatic, creative, practical and solution-oriented.
- Proactive: able to use initiative and ready to identify issues without being asked and provide advice accordingly.
- Flexible: able and willing to work long hours and, at short notice, travel to and work in challenging environments for prolonged periods of time (if required).
- Team player: personable, responsible, helpful.
- Organised: able to prioritise workload and manage conflicting priorities to meet deadlines. Strong attention to detail to highlight potential risks in contracts and errors.
- Reliable, tactful, discreet, diplomatic: able to work with board members, other senior staff and persons of different nationalities and from different cultures, have good judgment and strong decision-making skills.
- Self-motivated: able to operate independently with minimal supervision.
- Energetic: enthusiastic about the role, the function and the Group.