- To support the Head, Legal, Group Commercial as a member of the Bank’s Group Commercial Legal Centre of Excellence based in Bangalore. The role will have a specific focus on supporting procurement and commercial contracts with vendors and other third parties across the Bank’s global footprint.
- To support the Group Commercial Legal Team on new contracts, orders and statements of work as well as contract amendments and renewals.
- To provide additional legal support to the Group’s Technology Legal team and Country Legal teams where required
- To promote a culture and practice of good conduct of business and adherence to legal standards within the Group.
- To review, draft and validate global procurement contracts (technology and non-technology) like NDAs, proof of concept agreements, SOWs, Order Forms, change orders, to ensure they meet the Group’s third-party contract standards and applicable law.
- To assist with contractual queries from business stakeholders and supply chain in case of any ambiguity. Provide clarity on contract language by conducting contract review and research and provide analysis and recommendation accordingly.
- To assist legal teams across the Bank to ensure appropriate overall matter management. Where external counsel is appointed, to manage the engagement and external legal costs.
- To provide stakeholders with accurate and timely information and advice regarding the status of contract matters
- To keep up to date with relevant policies and procedures and applicable law
- To assist with continuous improvement initiatives in relation to contract processes and workflow.
- To support on team administration tasks where required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
Must be a qualified lawyer in a common law jurisdiction (solicitor, attorney or barrister) with 1-3 of years’ post qualification experience and have:
- A good knowledge and understanding of commercial contract requirements in relation to technology and non-technology procurement matters.
- Experience in contract legal support (whether through in-house or private practice) and business acumen
- Experience in reviewing contracts using contract templates and/or using contract guidance or playbooks
- Ability to draft contract terms to meet requirements
- Understanding of risk management techniques
- Exemplary integrity, ethics, independence and resilience
- Ability to work with varying seniority levels of staff
Click here to apply