Job Purpose: Legal Assistant (Strategic litigation)
To file cases which shall impact & strengthen the child protection mechanism & laws.
To identify and bring a case to the courtroom with the goal of creating broader changes in society.
Key Responsible Area:
- Filing writs in the respective courts in coordination with the local counsels/ senior counsels. Extending assistance to the senior counsels in existing and new petitions.
- Keeps cases organized by establishing and organizing files; monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; inputting information into file database and case management software;
- Supports case preparation by preparing case summaries and materials for research, preparing pleadings, response to affidavits, filling of applications monitoring and organizing materials for petitions review.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Travel within the city and outstation for fact findings and case representation.
- Maintaining the Case files& Court appearance
Legal Assistant skill set:
Analysing Skills, Research Skills, Legal Administration Skills, Drafting skills, Typing Skills, Organization, Planning, Attention to Detail, Dependability, Good Communication Skills, Good Knowledge of Child Protection laws.
Qualification& Experience: Minimum qualification LLB, and minimum of 3 years of experience
Click here to apply