What we want to accomplish and why we need you?
Haptik is one of the world’s largest Conversational AI companies, having reached over 100 million devices, and processed over 2 billion conversations till date. Haptik has been at the forefront of the paradigm shift of interaction from clicks to conversations. We have built a robust set of technology and tools that can enable any kind of conversational application. With a 200+ member strong team that is set to double in the coming year, Haptik is truly poised to lead the Conversational AI revolution with some of the best minds in the industry.
We want to be the most admired brand globally when it comes to enterprise conversational AI. Whenever a company thinks of solving their needs through chat or voice bots, they should find Haptik. We are looking for a specialized Legal Advisor to handle all legal matters and projects. You will be responsible to advise our company on legal rights and duties.
What will you do every day?
You will be responsible for drafting legal documents, structuring solutions for issues, and providing support in legal issues. Someone who has strong communication skills and who will be able to manage a large workload with a tight deadline, and remain up-to-date with laws.
Ok, you’re sold, but what are we looking for in the perfect candidate?
- Supports client calls
- Providing advice on legal matters
- Draft and Vetting Legal Documents, Business Agreements between the clients & the company, looking at clause explanations to clients, rebuttals to the client escalations
- Reviewing client recommendations on certain clauses they would propose
- Sign off Client contracts & approve them for signatures
- Monitoring the implementation of the legal clauses
- Knowledge of Data privacy laws, w.r.t GDPR, CCPA and various other Data privacy laws
- Extensive Knowledge in Tech Domain- regarding agreements like MSA, SOW, Technology transfer agreements, NDA. SaaS agreements, system Integration agreement and partner collaboration agreement etc
- Bachelor’s degree in Law
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a corporate lawyer/working in a law firm in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail
- Outstanding managerial and negotiation skills
- Ability to work well within a team and individually
* Requirements is such a strong word. We don’t necessarily expect to find a candidate that has done everything listed, but you should be able to make a credible case that you’ve done most of it and are ready for the challenge of adding some new things to your resume.
Tell me more about Haptik:
- On a roll: Announced major strategic partnership in April 2019 with Jio in a $100 million deal.
- Great team: You will be working with great leaders who have been listed in Business World 40 Under 40, Forbes 30 Under 30 and MIT 35 Under 35 Innovators.
- Great culture: The freedom to think and innovate is something that defines the culture of Haptik. Every person is approachable. While we are working hard, it is also important to take breaks to not get too worked up.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing AI market. The global market is projected to attain a valuation of $9 billion by the end of 2024.
- Emerging technology: We are moving to an AI first world, and Haptik is one of the largest AI first companies globally, based out of India.
- Great customers: Some of the most notable brands in the world – Oyo Rooms, Samsung, Tata Teleservices, Club Mahindra, KFC, Coca-Cola, to count a few.
- Impact: A fun and exciting start-up culture that empowers its people to make a huge impact.