• Appointing, Liaoning with the Advocates on record.
• Attending Court proceedings.
• Providing evidence on behalf of company.
• Management and Tracking of all company litigation in all courts on a Pan India basis.
• Researching best way forward for closure of ongoing legal cases.
2. Commercial Settlements
• Out of Court Settlements.
• Arbitration/Negotiation with Vendors as provided in all Agreements on a case to case basis.
• Providing legal & commercially viable solutions like freight recovery, noncompliance by subcontractors / vendors, fraud, employee policy violations, to the management.
• Assess legal risk and exposure of the company in all business and operational ventures.
• Provide business knowledge & support to the Claims team.
• Responding / Liaising with Local & Federal Authorities like Directorate of Revenue Intelligence, Reserve Bank of India, Food Safety & Standard Authority of India etc.
4. Drafting & Vetting
• All agreements entered into by the company (including but not limited to AMCs, Leave and License, Lease Deeds, Housekeeping, Security services, Counter Vendor Agreements SLAs
• Standardization of all location / branch office agreements.
• Vetting and assessment of any agreement received from a Vendor/Customer.
• Drafting and Vetting of legal instruments for e.g. Undertakings, Indemnity bonds, Letter of Intent, Power of Attorney, Letter of Authority.
• Legal communication with local authorities, vendors, customers, employees and exemployees.
• Drafting of CSR Policy in compliance with the local laws.
• Legal assessment of all proposals received by All Maersk Business Units.
• Ensuring necessary compliance with regards to the CSR Rules and Companies Act.
6. Knowledge Sharing and Legal Awareness
• Making all functions aware of various applicable Statutory laws & compliances.
•Conduct anti corruption & fraud awareness workshops for all new joiners.
7. Secretarial Compliance
• Convening Board & Shareholders meetings.
• Procedures for Appointment of Board members.
• Maintaining the Statutory registers of the Company.
• Filing of Statutory returns with appropriate authorities.
• GEMS updation.
8. Authority Matrix
• Compiling and updatation of Local Authority Matrix in line with GAM.
We are looking for:
• Degree in Law (LLB/LLM).
• 5+ years of reevant experience in Corporate Legal work.
• Great communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Experience in working on litigation cases