GATX: Who are we?
We are known worldwide as a leader in leasing transportation assets and control one of the largest railcar fleets in the world. The key to our long-term growth and success is attracting and retaining the most talented people from around the world.
We seek individuals who are creative, intuitive, driven, intellectually curious and eager to join a dynamic organization where high-quality work, collaboration and dedication are deeply woven into the corporate culture.
How will you make an impact?
To provide counsel and legal support on various aspects of the business operations of GATX India Private Limited (“GIPL”), including leasing matters, contract law matters, corporate law compliances, labor and employment and other legal matters for the Company.
What are your key activities?
- Provide legal support for GIPL, including:
- Drafting leases, NDAs, wagon purchase agreements, and other types of contracts and agreements;
- Negotiation of contracts with customers and suppliers.
- Providing general legal advice (including interpretation of statutes, regulations, rules, etc.) for commercial and operational projects;
- Advising management on statutory and legal matters having bearing on the company and its business and operations;
- Liaise with and manage external attorneys;
- Stay abreast of developments in the laws and regulations applicable to GIPL and disseminate legal updates to the business on regular basis
- Be available to work on various other projects as needed.
- The position is expected to act as in-house legal counsel for GIPL and provide legal support and advise on all matters related to the current business and potential businesses and all matters connected with the Company.
- Compliance and Indian Corporate Law
- Compliance activities related to vetting and approval of vendors to GIPL under the GIPL Vendor ABAC processes and GATX Corporation Intermediary Policy
- Prepare other documentation necessary to comply with other corporate laws and provide general support legal compliance activities
What is required of you?
- Level of Education
Law Graduate and a “Certificate of Practice” by the Bar Council of India
- Area of Concentration
Legal – Commercial, Contract and Corporate Law matters
What are we looking for?
- At least 8 to 10 years of “hands-on” experience of practicing law in a multinational company or a corporate law firm.
- Proficiency in MS-Office applications
- Knowledge of basic concept of Law of Contract and Corporate law
GATX embraces diversity and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
How To Apply:
Libertatem.in is now on Telegram. Follow us for regular legal updates and judgements from the court. Follow us on Google News, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter. You can also subscribe for our Weekly Email Updates. Libertatem Group does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the Job Post. The post has been shared as we received it from our staff.