There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
We are hiring a Director, Assistant General Counsel – Compliance & Employment (India) to support our India operations. This role will partner with teams across Snowflake to advise on compliance, employment, and employment-related litigation matters. This role will report to Snowflake’s Senior Director, Associate General Counsel – Compliance and Employment and will be located in Pune.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Help build, automate, operate, and monitor the effectiveness of critical compliance processes
- Help build and run Snowflake’s compliance program, including anti-corruption, record retention, business partner diligence, policy management, etc.
- Create and deliver compliance and ethics trainings
- Partner closely with compliance partners on the Finance, Security, Internal Audit, and HR teams
- Partner with the Legal Operations and IT teams to automate and enhance compliance controls
- Drive and give pragmatic advice about a wide range of employment issues, including recruiting, hiring, compensation and benefits, pay practices, HR practices, performance management, terminations, investigations, and labor relations
- Draft, negotiate, and enforce employment-related agreements (e.g., employment, consulting, separation, etc.).
- Manage worker representation bodies
- Build and implement scalable employment policies and programs
- Manage employment-related disputes and litigation, working with Snowflake’s VP of Litigation, outside counsel, and other key stakeholders
- Monitor and respond to new relevant legislation and regulation
- LLB, JD or equivalent degree
- Minimum of 8 years’ overall experience
- Mix of roles at a law firm and in-house preferred
- Ability to pragmatically weigh risks and benefits of complex situations
- Attitude that no project is too big or too small
- Comfort working in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Enjoys working with people and forging strong relationships
- Strong experience creating and scaling processes and policies for a rapidly growing company
- Sense of humor!