JP Morgan Chase Bank, N.A. (the “Bank”) is seeking to hire Legal Counsel to provide legal advisory and transactional support to the Bank’s Wholesale Payments (“WP”) business across Asia-Pacific (“APAC”) and Europe, Middle-East and Africa (“EMEA”).
The WP business operates across multiple countries and its principal activities include providing (i) cash and liquidity management products and services to local and multi-national corporations, bank and non-bank financial institutions, and government bodies, (ii) merchant acquiring and allied services, and (iii) (a) traditional trade (import/export documentary collections and letters of credit, guarantees/SBLCs) facilities and services, (b) structured trade, receivables purchases and supply chain finance facilities, and (c) trade facilities such as export and import LC financing, draft discounting, pre-export/payables/receivables financing and export credit agency backed long-term lending.
Location and Reporting Lines:
The position is in Mumbai, at J.P. Morgan’s Corporate Centre (“MCC”), reporting to a team lead at the MCC with functional responsibility to the APAC and EMEA Heads of WP Transactions Legal in Singapore and London, respectively.
As a member of the Global Wholesale Payments Legal team, the role will primarily comprise:
- providing legal support and advice to the Wholesale Payments businesses across all APAC and EMEA jurisdictions on a wide range of client-related transactional matters including reviewing, negotiating, drafting and finalising contracts with the Bank’s borrowers, customers and partner banks based on internal guidance and standard operating procedures;
- liaising and coordinating with local, regional and global legal counter-parts, and functional and business partners on legal issues including cross-border and cross-business activities and projects; and
- instructing and working with outside counsel.
- Qualified lawyer with 2-7 years of post-qualification legal experience;
- Strong drafting, negotiation and legal analytical skills;
- Ability to communicate well and work in a cross-functional, cross-jurisdiction, team to achieve common goals; and
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and respond to business needs and goals.
Experience in cash management, liquidity, e-commerce, financial market infrastructure, credit transactions, supply chain finance, factoring, receivables purchase, ICC Uniform Practices and/or merchant acquiring will be an advantage.
a. CONFLICTS OF INTEREST:
All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
JD or educational equivalent required. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.